Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Presently, I only search 5 boxes of halves per week due to work time constraints. Pickens have been slim to none for the last several months. At bank "A" I pick up 2 boxes--this week was a no show. At bank "B" only one box arrived out of 3. Needless to say, I was disappointed as Friday nights are my down time with Mr. Apush, a nice meal, and a Modelo Especial--or two. So, I head home with my single box and get things ready for a nice evening.

I open the box and see two Ben's next to each other staring at me. I then pull all the rolls out and take a look at the obverse and reverse and set those with silver showing. Then, well, the pics tell the rest of the story. Last roll had 9 silvers. I was very surprise at the ratio of 90% v. 40%. Of course, my thoughts were, "What could have been in the other boxes?" Alas, I will never know . . . .

Yep, it is "still out there." Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the silver to come around than it use to.

HSH,
apush

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    492.7 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Shoot, APUSH, you've been in the game long enough that you know 65 90%'ers is an awesome box - not just a "little" silver. Congratulations. Get your hands on as many boxes as you can in the short term so that you can continue to mine that silver vein.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! It's good to see that there is always a chance of a great box. Hope the rest of the silver dump makes it to your boxes. HH

StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome box. Congrats and hope you find another soon.

Steven

Jav

Dec 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa, Congrats! That is a dream box! Best box ive seen posted in a long time.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Apush! That's the best box i've seen posted on here in quite a few years. Were there any better dates in the Walkers?

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mountainman--no key or semi-key dates. Learned a while back from a poster to always check those dates and mint marks! :)
apush

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush! it's nice to hear from you, congratulations on finding an awesome box! 25 ounces of silver isn't a bad catch at all. I wish you the best of luck in the following weeks as there might be some more loaded boxes circulating. Thanks for sharing,
HH
Buff

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Very nice! Congrats. That is a very rare box you stumbled on. Nice to see.

Maine_Jim

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
A little silver? That was a dream box for sure, esp with the nice ratio of 90% v. 40% like u said. Love all the Benders too!

Big congrats! :thumbsup:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Congrats!

Im so jealous! haha great score, too bad you didnt get its brothers or sister boxes... maybe next week!

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Presently, I only search 5 boxes of halves per week due to work time constraints.

"Only" five boxes a week? Wow -- that's pretty high volume from where I sit! I wish I had the time (and the patience) to do that much!

Great pictures and cartoon. Congrats on the amazing haul!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
That's a whole lot better than 100 40%ers. very cool. We should have an additional designation called a 'free box'. By my math yours qualifies. Very nice. Glad to see it's still out there.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda makes you wonder - somebody took all those to the bank and walked out with less than $35 cash! What a world we live in

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,

I had no idea it was still possible.... I guess you showed me it was. You restored my faith in CRH !!

Keep @ it and HH !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread