gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Teller Tray Score! (With pics)

Tanner and I have scored 3 trays in the past 6 months. We do not get them often, but they are nice to store your coins in when you can score one. When I ask for coins the teller often brings out an aluminum tray they store them in. I will ask the teller "Do I get to keep the tray as well?" they often say "no" or "We are not allowed to give them out."

Every once in while it is nice surprise when the teller says "Yes".

You do not get, if you do not ask.

Keep on Searching

Dad and Tanner

PS The wheats rolls did not come with the tray. They are just rolls of them that I am storing in my new tray.

Attachments

• DSCF4124.JPG
    DSCF4124.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice. I recently bought a safe from a going out of business store and while cleaning it out I asked do the coin trays go with it she said you want them I was going to throw them away. Always good to ask. Btw my trays are the plastic ones but still free. :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two of my banks are closing soon I'll have to ask them what they will do with their coin supplies. ... thanks for reminding me to do so. I've never gotten a tray though.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
you really shouldn't keep coins in paper wrappers.

The acid in the paper will darken the coins.

Plastic or glass is better for long term storage.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plus you risk mixing them back into circulation, good for the rest of us - bad for you!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice. I recently bought a safe from a going out of business store and while cleaning it out I asked do the coin trays go with it she said you want them I was going to throw them away. Always good to ask. Btw my trays are the plastic ones but still free. :)

Ya, the place I got my safe from told me that they were leased from the bank and I couldn't have them. BTW, this was after I had paid...

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other

The Wheat rolls are going to be put up for sale in Craigs list soon. They are all common 40's and 50's. We wrapped them in old looking red wrappers so the buyer may think the have been stored like that for years.

Dad and Tanner

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten one of those $100 half trays. I thought it was neat at the time, but I never have really found a practical use for it.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't scored a tray, but about a month ago I scored one of the old school canvas coin bags from a bank. One of my pickup banks dropped one of my boxes and it split open, so she put all the rolls in a $1,000 canvas quarter bag and told me I could keep it. It's a nice bag for dumping with.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
The banks usually want them, so if they give me them, I usually give them back. They are hard to find and it makes the tellers/ my life easier if the bank just keeps them, because it allows for a quicker CWR transaction. More convenient. It's nice to have a few of them for kicks but if you get any more I suggest you let the bank keep them (lest they dont want um)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread