Maverick is still here, COLLECTION DUMP and last 3 weeks of finds.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, sorry I have just dropped off the radar the last few weeks, just a lot on my plate right now. I know I have missed some things ( Bryans baby being born:binkybaby:, Tim is searching again:happy1:, Apush getting a huge box:tchest:and other things too) and I appreciate those who have PMed me to see how I was doing!

Ok, so I am not going to go into a long drawn out update, just wanted to share my last 3 weeks with you ( which have been totally awesome!), I posted a pic from my log too so you could see my weeks. I have found some really cool stuff including 6 modern Silver proofs, 1918 India Rupee, Silver George Washington Commem Proof ( pics of these).

So this started 3 weeks ago, I'm still only doing 6 boxes and 1 bag a week, my boxes started having some decent results, then 2 weeks ago the luck continued with almost as many 90's as 40's ( look at my log), but last week must have been the rest of the collection dump and the best week by far! 112 40's and 34 90's! :blob5::blob7::blob3::blob10:

These pics are from my phone and kinda random so bare with me here, I ussually use my camera but was having trouble with it. So I hope everyone is doing well and again I'm sorry for being kinda distant here latley, just having to get some things in order here to get back to normal, enjoy the pics and good luck to everyone this week!:lurk:

I guess my pics are too large so I will have to make a couple of posts to get them to load up.

Attachments

• IMG_20140107_113758.jpg
    IMG_20140107_113758.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20140212_115354.jpg
    IMG_20140212_115354.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20140212_120112.jpg
    IMG_20140212_120112.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20140212_192922.jpg
    IMG_20140212_192922.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20140221_162301.jpg
    IMG_20140221_162301.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Update us on the RV too! Have you had a chance to do any work on it? HH! BRChiver
Hey, sorry, fell asleep last night, just dead tired. Ok, sooooooo, the RV, well, we ended up selling it, it was cool and all but, it just wasn't going to be a great travel vehicle for us, so we started looking for one that was just a little more modern. So a while back this guy had one on Craigs list that I went to look at (1988 Coachman 23 1/2 ft) and it ended up that I knew the guy when I showed up to look at it, well, we haggled back and forth but ended up being about 300 bucks apart on the price ( he wanted 1000 and had come down from 2000, and I said 700) so he said he thought he had another guy that was going to come and trade him a truck for it, ok, we parted ways with a hand shake and I forgot all about it, well, a couple of months goes by and I happen to be driving by his place to service another lawn account and low and behiold, the RV is still sitting there! So I stopped in and talked to him, turns out the guy never worked out a trade with him and another wanted to make him payments on it but he wanted a cash deal to be done with it, so I offered to trade him some Silver for it if he was interested, turns out he use to collect as well, so in the end I ended up trading him 270 40%'s and 4 lawn cuts ( which came out to about $900.00 total for him and only cost me about $150.00!) so now we have this one, it is an 1988 Coachman 23 1/2ft with the Ford chassis and 460 engine, it is good shape, just been sitting for over a yr and needed to be gone through mechanicaly from sitting ( which I have done allready), it runs great, air is cold and everything works, so it just needs a set of tires now and a few little dumb things finished on it. So that's what is going on with the RV lol. Ok, I gotta get out the door now to tyake my son to school and mow some homes! These pics are not real up to date, we have cleaned it since then. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• IMG_20140125_165420.jpg
    IMG_20140125_165420.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20140125_165433.jpg
    IMG_20140125_165433.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20140125_165443.jpg
    IMG_20140125_165443.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20140125_165542.jpg
    IMG_20140125_165542.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, My goodness! What amazing finds! I love the GW (this one has alluded me) and the modern silver. What a haul, sir! I really love the quality of the photos--simply beautiful silver! You deserve it--and I know you had a blast opening those boxes! Hope the silver goddess continues to rain down upon you (although this was a flood)! More HSH, apush
Hey Apush, your box was nothing to sneeze at either, you beat my best box, my best box was 72 keepers over a year ago ( I posted it) , I haven't come close to that since, but your box just shows me that the elusive "Dream Box" could still be out there! Thanks for looking and commenting on my thread:notworthy:. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, that is an epic run you had the past three weeks, I love the silver p0rn too! Great variety... thanks for sharing and best of luck to you in the next couple weeks, hopefully the vein won't get tapped out too quickly.

Hey Buff, ya, the last 3 weeks were Awesome, but, back to reality now, I just got home a little while ago with my first 2 boxes for this week and guess what, SKUNKS, oh well, back to the norm now I guess lol. HH, Maverick.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav, those are some very nice finds, especially the GW and the India Rupee piece. But I have to say it: how can ANYONE look at those proofs and decide they aren't worth an album of their own. Those pieces are just plain AWESOME!

Rascal

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav, those are some very nice finds, especially the GW and the India Rupee piece. But I have to say it: how can ANYONE look at those proofs and decide they aren't worth an album of their own. Those pieces are just plain AWESOME! Rascal

Hey Rascal, I put all of those in flips when I find them, really anything nice or rare or unusual gets put into a 2x2 flip and into it's own category. HH, Maverick.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, sorry, fell asleep last night, just dead tired. Ok, sooooooo, the RV, well, we ended up selling it, it was cool and all but, it just wasn't going to be a great travel vehicle for us, so we started looking for one that was just a little more modern. So a while back this guy had one on Craigs list that I went to look at (1988 Coachman 23 1/2 ft) and it ended up that I knew the guy when I showed up to look at it, well, we haggled back and forth but ended up being about 300 bucks apart on the price ( he wanted 1000 and had come down from 2000, and I said 700) so he said he thought he had another guy that was going to come and trade him a truck for it, ok, we parted ways with a hand shake and I forgot all about it, well, a couple of months goes by and I happen to be driving by his place to service another lawn account and low and behiold, the RV is still sitting there! So I stopped in and talked to him, turns out the guy never worked out a trade with him and another wanted to make him payments on it but he wanted a cash deal to be done with it, so I offered to trade him some Silver for it if he was interested, turns out he use to collect as well, so in the end I ended up trading him 270 40%'s and 4 lawn cuts ( which came out to about $900.00 total for him and only cost me about $150.00!) so now we have this one, it is an 1988 Coachman 23 1/2ft with the Ford chassis and 460 engine, it is good shape, just been sitting for over a yr and needed to be gone through mechanicaly from sitting ( which I have done allready), it runs great, air is cold and everything works, so it just needs a set of tires now and a few little dumb things finished on it. So that's what is going on with the RV lol. Ok, I gotta get out the door now to tyake my son to school and mow some homes! These pics are not real up to date, we have cleaned it since then. HH, Maverick.

Heck Mav,
I think you hit a home run across the board! To get that RV for a handful of 40's and a couple cuts is awesome. I wish some of my salesmen had your negotiating skills, lol! It looks to be in great shape for the year model; like you said a thorough look over and some new rubbers she'll be good as new. The 460 is a darn good engine as long as it was taken care of. Check the coolant and flush if it looks old. Sometimes they'll burn some oil. Since it's in an RV it probably has pretty low miles; I've seen plenty of 460's in chassis trucks with 200k plus and still running strong. Id say check her out and run it hard to find any bugs but like I said, you hit a home run!! Congrats!
HH!
BRChiver

Oh and sorry about the skunks you got, they seem to be going around! I've gotten my fair share lately.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heck Mav,
I think you hit a home run across the board! To get that RV for a handful of 40's and a couple cuts is awesome. I wish some of my salesmen had your negotiating skills, lol! It looks to be in great shape for the year model; like you said a thorough look over and some new rubbers she'll be good as new. The 460 is a darn good engine as long as it was taken care of. Check the coolant and flush if it looks old. Sometimes they'll burn some oil. Since it's in an RV it probably has pretty low miles; I've seen plenty of 460's in chassis trucks with 200k plus and still running strong. Id say check her out and run it hard to find any bugs but like I said, you hit a home run!! Congrats!
HH!
BRChiver

Oh and sorry about the skunks you got, they seem to be going around! I've gotten my fair share lately.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck Mav, I think you hit a home run across the board! To get that RV for a handful of 40's and a couple cuts is awesome. I wish some of my salesmen had your negotiating skills, lol! It looks to be in great shape for the year model; like you said a thorough look over and some new rubbers she'll be good as new. The 460 is a darn good engine as long as it was taken care of. Check the coolant and flush if it looks old. Sometimes they'll burn some oil. Since it's in an RV it probably has pretty low miles; I've seen plenty of 460's in chassis trucks with 200k plus and still running strong. Id say check her out and run it hard to find any bugs but like I said, you hit a home run!! Congrats! HH! BRChiver Oh and sorry about the skunks you got, they seem to be going around! I've gotten my fair share lately.
It runs great now, this was the gas tank, I took it out and cleaned it and replaced the pump and sending unit, cleaned and flushed the fuel lines, rebuilt the carb and changed all the fluids on it and the plugs. He was running it with an external gas fuel cell and pump with a line running up to the carb. It just needed to have the qwik fixes that he did to it fixed the right way, and there were a few, I won't even go into the air line nightmare that was under the hood. The interior needs a few little things cosmetic repaired but we're not real picky ya know, as long as it functions that's fine. I allready got the trim to replace all around it where you see it hanging in the pics and caulked all the seams just to be safe and NOT WITH SILICONE, biggest mistake people make with these things is using Silicone, it is the absolute worst thing to use on an rv, I used rv caulk (Prof Flex Clear), stuff is awesome and not noticable if you're neat with it. I'll put up some pics in the future when I'm all done with it, still have some exterior touching up to do to make it look really presentable, but not a big deal. Thanks for asking about it, I also put a couple of pics of the inside up for ya, it was just as we got it. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_104722.jpg
    IMG_20140126_104722.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20140124_132616.jpg
    IMG_20140124_132616.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20140124_132623.jpg
    IMG_20140124_132623.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread