deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this already but in the coin forum,so I'm posting again here.

Picked up $50.00 in loose rolls at my bank today.We were finding a few wheats and about 15 coppers average for roll when I spilled out a roll full of wheats.I stopped and we started checking ends looking for a wheat enders.There were 4 other rolls with a wheat ender.
The second roll was mostly wheats too.Two rolls only had the one wheat on the end and the last roll had about 6 wheats,101 wheats between the 5 rolls.
Most were 40's and 50's.The oldest was a 23,two 26's,two 29's,two37's,one 38 and a39.There was also a 42s and a 51s.
Thought for sure the boy and I would get an IH,not!!We're about half way through the rolls but there's two different wraps and the wraps we got all the wheats from are about done.
Seeing all those wheats spill out was a rush....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom, love those wheat hauls:thumbsup:

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hit! Gotta love the solid rolls,

I remember a couple years ago I picked up like $200 fv of cwr from my local cu. 23 solid rolls of wheats... Never had a score like that since, but still do pretty well with wheats, I try to search about 200-300 in pennies a week

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hit! Gotta love the solid rolls, I remember a couple years ago I picked up like $200 fv of cwr from my local cu. 23 solid rolls of wheats... Never had a score like that since, but still do pretty well with wheats, I try to search about 200-300 in pennies a week

had one of those myself, sure was a lot of fun. probably about 2 dozen solid rolls, and then a week later picked up 7 more from a different bank. Got my first indian head from that score. Anyways, to the OP nice score!

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through the rest of the rolls.No more stacked rolls but,did find another 15 wheats.Altogether 15 Canadians,2 dimes and two wide AM's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 93

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Very rare to find AMs in such a small sample size. I've been through tens of thousands of cents and have only found 4 or 5.

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Very rare to find AMs in such a small sample size. I've been through tens of thousands of cents and have only found 4 or 5.

We now have 3 98's,one 99 and a 2000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread