New to the coin roll hunting

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, kind of new to the coin roll hunting. Started of course with half dollars and penny hoarding, now I look through all change and some rolls throughout the week. I have had some luck with finding silver in the halves and nickels but nothing in dimes and only one quarter. I have been lucky with WBPs and because I live in NY I find a good number of Canadian pennies. Well just wanted to say hi and it's good to have a forum to come to talk and tell people about my finds and hear about their finds. Any tips and what to look for would be a help. Thanks

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the entire begginers guide thread in the stickies section- itll cover the majority of newbie questions for ya

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, kind of new to the coin roll hunting. Started of course with half dollars and penny hoarding, now I look through all change and some rolls throughout the week. I have had some luck with finding silver in the halves and nickels but nothing in dimes and only one quarter. I have been lucky with WBPs and because I live in NY I find a good number of Canadian pennies. Well just wanted to say hi and it's good to have a forum to come to talk and tell people about my finds and hear about their finds. Any tips and what to look for would be a help. Thanks

All I can say is look for the 98 99 or 00 wide am cent.

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Read the entire begginers guide thread in the stickies section- itll cover the majority of newbie questions for ya

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

This: twice.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Quit, it's an addictive hobby. I lost time, money, friends over CRH'n, all to get that silver fix. I hope you don't wind up in that dark...dark....place known as Skunksville. Welcome to T-net none-the-less.

ckm91377

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit, it's an addictive hobby. I lost time, money, friends over CRH'n, all to get that silver fix. I hope you don't wind up in that dark...dark....place known as Skunksville. Welcome to T-net none-the-less.

Is this a sincere warning fitty or you just trying to keep more Ag out there for yourself to find?

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a sincere warning fitty or you just trying to keep more Ag out there for yourself to find?

No he has a real problem. When he first started he was very active on the forums. He'd post about finding a silver nickel and be so happy. Then he did dimes he did good yes. Then he made a mistake that changed his life. He went to the bank wanting to try a new coin. He got a cwr of halves. That's when his life changed. The bank teller gave him a solid roll of ag. See the teller knew about that roll. Fifty then went to a ATM pulled out $500 and took a 5$ charge because he spiraled down the dark side of CRH. He went to the bank got a box. His hopes where so high he got a skunk. He went to coin counter took a 5% charge on the $500. He's still trying to chase his first hit. Last I heard he has a lot of ag but he lost his job house wife and sold his car. He yelled at his wife because she took money out of his money for 10 boxes of halves. I've also heard the ag is getting to his brain. He uses Ben franks to cover his eyes when he sleeps. He's going down hill fast. He needs help. He is warning you he doesn't want you to go down his path. I hope you listen to his warning.

OP
OP
barneyb71

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if I walked away I wouldn't be able to make finds like I've been finding. Don't worry 50cent, I won't invest all my money, time or lose my family, friends etc. I have fun with it and enjoy looking. I learn a little more each day and like reading about people finding coins out there. I would love to find full rolls of Bens, walking liberties, war nickels but I'm happy finding an '09 nickel or a wheatie.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't get angry and throw a roll of coins at your wall... I did that today, now I have a wall to repair....

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get angry and throw a roll of coins at your wall... I did that today, now I have a wall to repair....

Yup see this is another reason to not CRH. My man omega is another victim to the coin monster. He is young and has a coin counter he wheeled it into a bank before. The rage he showed towards that bank was a product of CRH. Its sad such a young soul lost to crh. He started out like you barney not putting a lot of money into it. Now he is tying 7kish into this hobby. Barney get out well you can.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm. Maybe I should quit before I get in that deep! Can't, I'm already hooked. Well, almost. I've only done about 20+ rolls of coins; but I'm so close to addiction that I can't quit!!!!

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Sure, try it, you'll like it.... Everyones doing it. Come-on, Order a box! A Whole $500 box, lotsa silver......

Then one day you'll find yourself driving around town with 10- 50lb bags of skunky halfs in your floorboard looking for a new dump bank, cuz last week, you pushed it... Now it's FEE'S or find another and you're already a day late on a pick-up BUUUUAAAAHHHAAAHHAAA

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
The only reason why I contemplate spraying halves ( I don't) is because I'm frustrated on getting skunked and I take it out on da clad. I'm glad I got this out of my system, I've been wanting to say this but had not the strenght. A weight has been lifted from my chest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread