Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm keeping my eyes open for a AG Ike. I'd really love to find one !! :occasion14:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad u didn't find any silver but since u r able to flip the clads for a profit u have nothing to lose. Btw, did u get them in a small $100 bag? I've never seen anyone post about being able to order them in such small quantities before. Sure wish I could find a place to order them for me like that.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres what the bag looks like- it is about half the size of a normal bank bag

ForumRunner_20140313_210217.png

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I meant to ask my dump bank today about maybe ordering me some large dollar coins but I keep forgetting. Im sure the answer is no but Im gonna ask anyway. I wonder why its so difficult to get most banks to order them? Btw, don't forget to check for any '73's too. Those should have a little added numis value. Its strange I've found 4 silver ikes the past few years but never any clad proofs or even any '73's. :dontknow:

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Were all the silver ikes the 40%s that came out in 76' in the silver sets?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats pretty sweet you got them! no silver, but its only a small sample of the pond right?

I would def keep at it, especially if you have the ability to move them(especially at a profit!)

HH

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I said, Type II 1972 Ikes are better than silver anyways. It pays to search them. Russel when your done with them either spend them or hold on to them, cause they are fun to spend.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey russell, man, you could be on to something here, I really hope you find something in the future bags! Maybe these will start paying out a little for ya! HH, Maverick.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I said, Type II 1972 Ikes are better than silver anyways. It pays to search them. Russel when your done with them either spend them or hold on to them, cause they are fun to spend.

I've found a 72II before, sold the next day for $50 chaching! And they are fun to spend, especially when the clerk says, oh we don't take foreign money, or hold on I need to get my manager, hahahahaha.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I leave them as tips at the local Chinese buffet. Never ceases to stir their excitement.

Rascal

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 1971s-1972s had 40% Ike dollars... I don't think they had a 90% but I could be wrong ! :icon_scratch:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Not true MUD... 40% silver proofs and uncirculated S mint Ikes were made in 1971 - 1976. No, there were no 90%'s

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
72 IKE.jpg

What type is this 1972? I have a handful of IKEs and this is the only 72 of them. I had no idea about the different "types". from what I've found online it appears to be a type 1, but I'm not at all certain.

That's what I love about scanning this site, I learn something new every time!

Thanks!

JF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread