So close, so very close...

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I picked up two boxes of halves today...

One was a skunk, but the other one... well... the other one had THIRTEEN enders! :happy3: Including two double ender rolls! One ender being a 90% Kennedy, the others were all 40%ers. The most enders I've gotten in a box so far . 8-)

There were a BUNCH of rolls with multiple silvers in them, one even containing a total of six 40%ers!

In fact, there were only two -- yes TWO! -- rolls that didn't contain any silver!

So, what was the take? What did I end up with?

95 total keepers!!! 8-) :headbang: :treasurechest:

95!

Here's the breakdown:

1942D Walking Liberty
1954D Ben
1963D Ben
1964 x 5
1966 x 3
1967 x 34
1968D x 26
1969D x 22

Plus... a foreign, maybe Middle Eastern or Indian, coin. Sounds like silver and is the exact same size as a U.S. half dollar.

I wish I would've had a camera available while opening the rolls. Turns out my girl didn't get home until well after I was finished.

stack.jpg

above1.jpg

above2.jpg

foreign1.jpg

foreign2.jpg

Upvote 0

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I need some rolls like that. All my silver has come from teller trays. I've maybe only done $1000 in halfs though.
Better go back and see if they have more!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, a 9.5% keeper box! Congrats! Bet that box was a lot of fun to search. Those r the boxes we're all looking for.

I got 2 boxes today myself. So far getting skunked on my first box too, but Id sure love for my second box to be half as good as yours, but I know that's not likely to happen lol.

Those stacks will sure make a nice addition to your pile huh? :)

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why we put up with the skunks... Wow! I guess 95 is your new lucky number! I hope that loaded box has some partners.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY MOLY!!!!

Dang im jealous! 13 enders?!?! My most was 6, and only gave up 24 40%ers... lol

Congrats man! so close indeed

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin is Saudi Arabian (correct me if I am wrong, experts) and I believe it is 91.7% silver :)
Holy crap that is a real solid box, congratulations my friend, man, so close, but you'll remember this score forever! Way to go.

OP
OP
TheMastermind

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, guys! I've got four more coming in either today or tomorrow depending on what time they get delivered to the branch. The sister branch down the street from the one I picked these two boxes up at, that is. If before my lunch break, I'll be getting them today; if after, tomorrow morning.

Most of the coins look damaged by either fire, water, or smoke. Maybe all three. I'm not sure. A lot of the 40%ers, and a few of the 90% Kens were cleaned and polished really harshly. They've got abrasions, and some even gashes, all over them. Some of the ones that weren't cleaned have this blackish/brownish/reddish translucent color to them. Those ones were hard to spot by edge checking, but I double checked the pile of clad and only missed one of these 40%ers. So I'm confident I got 'em all. And then some look practically brand new.

Who knows what the story behind these coins is, I'm just glad they made their way to me. 8-)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man so dang close- honestly I think id have a freakin heart attack
Congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Mastermind! That was one awesome box - a box that anyone here would kill for, but at the same time a box that only a seasoned coin roll hunter such as yourself can feel a slight pang of disappointment in falling short of the dream. The Saudi silver is really cool too!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 13 boxes today, hope I can get even half as much silver as you got in that one box! haha

HH

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could we trade boxes?? Just kidding, awesome job!
HH!
BRChiver

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't pay much attn. to the foreign coin before but it sure is a bizarre looking coin lol. Both sides look so similar too. But that's great that its silver. Ive still never found any foreign silver yet myself....not even Canadian.

And 13 enders and only 2 rolls that didn't have silver is really great too. If 100 or more keepers is a dream box then I'd have to say a box with all 50 rolls containing one or more silver would have to qualify as a dream box too, even if the total silver count was less than 100. You sure came mighty close either way. If your box doesn't technically qualify as a dream box Id sure say it was at least one heck of a daydream box lol. :treasurechest: :thumbsup:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sell some Ag and invest in a mechanical keyboard. They'll pay for themselves and are worth their weight in Ag once you've used one. I guarantee it.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice haul! Very, very happy for you! Goes to show, "It's still out there!"
More HSH,
apush

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
:occasion18::occasion18::occasion18:Speechless my friend! Really REALLY Glad for ya MM! I can't imagine how AWESOME that was!:hello2::hello2::hello2::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: HH. Maverick.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waaaazam! you had it coming man. almost!!! my first dream box was a 13 ender box

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your dream box is coming next! Nice haul! Love that foreign silver coin. Always amazing to have found a foreign silver coin in our country . We are a great immigration country and people from around the world moved here with their old silver coins. Not likely for this to happen in a EU country.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dream box:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread