The Straight Facts for Half Dollar Silver Seekers - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Straight Facts for Half Dollar Silver Seekers

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2008
    2 times

math

[Your math is way off. Try Billions instead of Trillions. Perhaps a remedial math class might be in order here.
    mAGma likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Maine
    soon
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mAGma View Post
    Any halves that are "left" are buried in a warehouse somewhere and we will likely never see. The halves we get from a bank are very fresh. This is just what ive seen.

And for the record, a billion sounds like a really big number...but if every person in the US had 3 or 4 ....that would be about a billion.
    i agree, but it does seem possible that their are boxes sitting in some back woods bank.... sitting for years.. my goal this summer while up north is to hit all the old ones, in the middle of nowhere, im sure its been done, but you never know..
    and if everyone had 2 or 3 that would be all of it... but i would imagine the vast majority does not even know that these coins are worth more, nor would they have any intention of trying to get their own... i would be shocked if the total amount of people registered to this site makes up a fraction of a percent of the entire population... meaning unless everyone in america has 2-3 halves they dont know about it, it is unlikely that the fact that a billion COULD be a easy target to get pulled out of circulation very unlikely... sometimes the sheep aren't such a bad thing.... all i do know is that where i am, i think im the only person ordering from my bank, and the pallet im picking from is on fire!!!

us
    Jul 2011
    Louisiana
    White's V3i
    205 times
    On the other hand- If all you guys would KEEP all the Clad and not dump- those ratios would change just a little... Then there would be more silver per box for me. Just a suggestion...
    ramjet2187 likes this.
    HUNTING... Anyway, anytime, anyhow; Gold, deer, rocks and gems, turkey, arrowheads, fossils, coins, fish, new sunrises, etc, so forth, and so on...

May 2013
    176 times
    Coin Bag Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1more4me View Post
    On the other hand- If all you guys would KEEP all the Clad and not dump- those ratios would change just a little... Then there would be more silver per box for me. Just a suggestion...
    Haha for real? I went through $100,000 in halves last year, and im pretty small time. I wish i had that much money to tie up in clad lol

us
    Jul 2013
    SoCal
    338 times
    Garage Sales/ CRH
    Quote Originally Posted by 1more4me View Post
    Yes, because I have the bankroll of $1,000,000 cash, I would love to sit on that many half dollars, because it would be rational and storeable.
    You're never know it all... Keep an open mind and keep learning.

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/jewelryandwatchoutlet

^ Putting myself through college, wish me luck

us
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Whites, MXT.
    4864 times
    To cite mintage figures here is not particularly helpful in light of massive periods of silver coin meltdowns , other random
    and unknowable factors are the quantities of coins brought in by people who don't know/don't care about silver coins - dumping by
    way of customer accessible coin counters , and by way of customer wrapped rolls (my biggest scores by far have been CWR not boxes)

us
    Sep 2008
    274 times
    Seriously, do you know how to use Excel?

Silver 1964 to 1970: 1,278,404,456
    Clad 1971 to 2001: 2,774,819,929 (Where did those three zeros in your post come from?)
    The silver percentage should be: 31.54%
    If you add Ben: 465,844,455
    and Walker: 485,320,640

The silver percentage should be: 44.55%.

I know this is not a science forum but you have to get the numbers correct! Otherwise you are wasting everyone's time.

May 2013
    176 times
    Coin Bag Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzi50 View Post
    Seriously, do you know how to use Excel?

Silver 1964 to 1970: 1,278,404,456
    Clad 1971 to 2001: 2,774,819,929 (Where did those three zeros in your post come from?)
    The silver percentage should be: 31.54%
    If you add Ben: 465,844,455
    and Walker: 485,320,640

The silver percentage should be: 44.55%.

I know this is not a science forum but you have to get the numbers correct! Otherwise you are wasting everyone's time.

Haha yeah i hadnt double checked anything in OP...but this guys got a point lol

May 2013
    176 times
    Coin Bag Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 50centman View Post
    [Your math is way off. Try Billions instead of Trillions. Perhaps a remedial math class might be in order here.
    And this guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links