Do boxes or buy oz of silver?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys well I have been doing a few boxes here and there. Doing just ok but am buying 100 oz bars and silver rounds. I think my money and time is doing much better then looking for silver right now. If I get a good box I will post it. I had to go to fla 5 times this winter. It would have been to hard to crh. I did a few there it sucked. Good hunting to all I will slip in from time to time. Tim :occasion14::occasion14::occasion14::occasion14::occasion14:

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya with the prices of ag and the skunks galore & slim pickens in boxes buying is definitely a plus right now-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I'm still plugging away with 4 boxes a week. The finds are not overly impressive but seems I get some out of one or two of the boxes so not a total waste. I pick up a few 90% and some 40% every week. The piles are getting a bit bigger of my silver, and there are times I think of buying large quantities like you are. But then what would I do with all that extra time i would have?? that is now consumed with my hunting through the rolls.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say however you r able to afford to get the most silver now is what will matter in the long term. When silver is over $100 oz it wont matter too much either way if u got some at fv and buy some now too or buy it all at current low prices. Btw, I was just curious about "am buying 100 oz bars and silver rounds". That doesn't mean 100 oz silver rounds too does it? Ive got some 5oz silver rounds but 100 oz rounds sounds mighty big lol. :)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My silver dime finds cost me on average about $1 ea.
My 40% silver halves cost me about $5 ea, lol.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tim, in your position I think buying silver is better because you can tie up a larger bankroll in silver, and you know...; if silver goes up $1 you make $100 for holding that silver bar!! :occasion14: but the thrill of the hunt is always fun too...

mishra142

Oct 4, 2011
I do both. Boxes have been ok. A lot of skunks with a few great boxes mixed in. I also buy silver every chance I get.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You know you're not going to give up the thrill of the hunt Tim:laughing7:, I would do both. I'll give ya a call tonight, tomorrow is THE DAY for me ( you know what I mean) so after that I hope to ramp it up a bit8-). HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad your appeal made it to the Florida supreme court and got you out of jail tim. Like I said, the IRS, and MINT laws are unconstitutional and do not stand a chance in any court.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you post Tim! Do both and enjoy it!
HH!
BRChiver

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad they didn't throw you in prison tim. Can't stack in the pen I bet you'd find a way. Them men in black are after everything if you find a 20 on the ground you better report that on you're taxes the IRS will throw you in prison for tax evasion.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad they didn't throw you in prison tim. Can't stack in the pen I bet you'd find a way. Them men in black are after everything if you find a 20 on the ground you better report that on you're taxes the IRS will throw you in prison for tax evasion.

He appealed it. See TIMZim V. US Mint, IRS, State of Florida.

silver seeker

Nov 12, 2013
California
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tim when are you going to post some pics of your silver bullion, 100 oz bars, monster boxes and crh silver? I think we all would love to see all that Silver!! ;)

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna have to ask you to paint some coins so i know your not IRS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread