Have I been extremely lucky, or is this normal? + a few questions from a newb.

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a someone on tv looking through quarters the other day so I got up this morning and headed to the bank. Originally I got $100 in quarters and $100 in dimes. I sat in my truck and went through a roll of each... Thought they were kind of a pain so I went back in and traded for half dollars. I stopped past 7 different banks and picked up a total of $800 in halves. Got a total of 9 1964 Kennedy halves, 1 1963 franklin, and 13 40%s. Did I just get extreme lucky? I ordered 2 boxes of halves. They said it takes about a week to get them in. Is that normal? Also is there an easier way to go about rolling coins? I'd like to check out dimes while I'm waiting on those halves... But I don't want to have to wrap them. They're way to small for my big hands. I've seen the coin machines at the super market but they take 9%... That'd be way to much of a loss. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya thats a great score...

Check the beginners guide, stickied at the top... I did a piece specifically on halves on page 11.

As far as dumping the coins... try to find banks with coin machines, free to members.

HH

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beginner's luck. Usually happens to everyone. It gets you hooked and it's all downhill from here.

OP
OP
B

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll check out that post Infowarrior. Thanks for the heads up. Also when it comes to dumping would it be wise to dump at the same type of bank? Meaning there are 3 chase banks in town. Do they all share their inventory or is it separate? Also how often should I hit a bank? Do they typically get coins daily?

OP
OP
B

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enamel - I hope not. I'm thinking this is my next favorite hobby.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you went into the bank, bought coins, searched them in your car in the parking lot, returned them to the same bank, and bought half dollars from them? did I read that right?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you went into the bank, bought coins, searched them in your car in the parking lot, returned them to the same bank, and bought half dollars from them? did I read that right?

Yes you did! Why, is there something wrong with that????

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you did! Why, is there something wrong with that????

VERY WRONG if you plan in doing this long term amd not getting yourself and other hunters cut off-
READ the beginners guide NOW

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
B

bubba4289

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY WRONG if you plan in doing this long term amd not getting yourself and other hunters cut off-
READ the beginners guide NOW

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Actually I search a single roll(1) of each. Was in my car for less than a minute. Although I have now read the beginners guide :). I'm trying to decide what bank to dump this $800 at atm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread