If anyone is curious

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, I can't wait to see stats for 100,000 nickels and maybe even 1,000,000 nickels :)

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome, I can't wait to see stats for 100,000 nickels and maybe even 1,000,000 nickels :)

Thanks guy's, will keep it updated with every box I do, some day I will get to 1,000,000!:D That's the goal.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty cool. And you've had some really good success already from just 8 boxes. Just curious, have u considered maybe listing the dates of the buffalos you find?

Hope u have continued success.

HNH!

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After SilverFace's suggestion, I've updated the pdf. Dates for the coins that were added are added in order to when they were found. You can download the update in the first post. :)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
You've really had some great nickel finds so far. And I forgot u found that nice 1917S buffalo and that interesting '05 buffalo error coin too. Seems like so many great nickel finds lately. That's what I like about nickels, all the variety of different finds. That would be really amazing if someone found a shield nickel sometime soon too lol. Looking forward to seeing your nickel stats the rest of the year.

HH!

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've really had some great nickel finds so far. And I forgot u found that nice 1917S buffalo and that interesting '05 buffalo error coin too. Seems like so many great nickel finds lately. That's what I like about nickels, all the variety of different finds. That would be really amazing if someone found a shield nickel sometime soon too lol. Looking forward to seeing your nickel stats the rest of the year.

HH!

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the kind words! Nickels are awesome to go through in my opinion. I hope my finds keep on coming, will be getting more boxes tomorrow, hopefully. I would have to say my ultimate goal would be finding a shield nickel!

HH!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I just remembered someone posted not long ago about finding a really nice condition full LIBERTY 1883 no cents V nickel. That's another great nickel find. But I can't remember anyone ever reporting having found a shield nickel before. Never know when it might happen though.

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just remembered someone posted not long ago about finding a really nice condition full LIBERTY 1883 no cents V nickel. That's another great nickel find. But I can't remember anyone ever reporting having found a shield nickel before. Never know when it might happen though.

That's awesome, shield nickels are a little smaller than the others, but if one cent coins can be found in nickel rolls, so can shield nickels, right?:)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 5 boxes and a $200 bag worth of nickels waiting to be searched, nickels are always fun to search- others will disagree though. If you're not strictly after silver, nickels always produce when they aren't brand new boxes/rolls.

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man how I wish I could go through those! Well I'mm in it for the hunt of finding cool stuff, dont get me wrong silver is grea, but that's not what I'm entirely after. I've been lucky so far, I haven't gotten a solid box of new coins.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this week--- (2) 2005 bison nicks with lamination defects, a D and P mint mark. both had large areas of outer layer missing. I have the P on ebay with 1 bid of $5.99. curious how common these are since both mints are in play. does anyone know where raw planchets are made and what are the sizes of the raw stock. IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG
Here is a pdf with some data on 16,000 nickels searched.

View attachment 971136

Count Skrule

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, picked up my first nickel batch. 50 bucks in cwr. They had no cents, so I decided to give them a try. Gotta wait till after work.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't keep track of what I had in $10 of nickels...that's an awesome list. I wish I could do something like that, maybe down the road. I have found a ton in nickels, but I was also keeping up to '64. I however am cutting out '60 - '64 because of what I have read on here. What is your opinion on keeping '68s - '70s? I keep them because I can't tell if they are proofs or not. I see you don't have 2009 nickels on the list, those are hard to find. I have found 2, same amount of Buffalo Heads, found 1 today...192?.

OP
OP
T

thatoneCRH

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't keep track of what I had in $10 of nickels...that's an awesome list. I wish I could do something like that, maybe down the road. I have found a ton in nickels, but I was also keeping up to '64. I however am cutting out '60 - '64 because of what I have read on here. What is your opinion on keeping '68s - '70s? I keep them because I can't tell if they are proofs or not. I see you don't have 2009 nickels on the list, those are hard to find. I have found 2, same amount of Buffalo Heads, found 1 today...192?.

Personally I wouldn't keep any of the '60's or '70's, I can see what you mean by telling if they are proofs or not, but once you put them next to a proof coin you can instantly see the difference. I actually do have '09's listed, they're in the right column labeled in turquoise.:) And nice, it's always fun finding buffalo's!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions