2005 buffalo nickel detached leg error?

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Im about halfway through my wknd nickel box and just a little while ago I found what I looks like an '05 buffalo detached leg error. I've never found one of these '05 error buffs before but when I first spotted this coin I noticed right away that the reverse looked different than the '05 buffs I usually see and looks like a detached leg error coin. I've been checking pics on the internet to make comparisons with my coin to try and confirm if it is. I took a couple of pics of my coin but Im not sure if the error looks as noticeable to me in the pics I took as compared to when Im looking at the coin with my magnifier. What do u guys think from the pics I took?

Actually, now it does look more noticeable to me in the pics I took also. So I'm pretty sure it is an error coin. :)

Attachments

• 05 buffalo detached leg error.jpg
    05 buffalo detached leg error.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 11,415
  • 05 buffalo detached leg error close up.jpg
    05 buffalo detached leg error close up.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 8,408
  • 05 buffalo detached leg error close up #2.jpg
    05 buffalo detached leg error close up #2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 10,068
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Looks good to me. Don't value coins by "Buy It Now" asking prices. Anyone can ask whatever they want for a coin, but what matters is what someone is willing to pay for a coin. Completed listings are a better idea of a coin's value. Last week a similar coin sold with a provenance from a noted Coneca member's collection and it realized $5 and change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread