How many boxes per week do you open on average?

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds easy enough, but like u just said - often times things are more complicated than that and they don't always work out that way. And a lot of times its such a hassle just fixing the things that are actually broke or not working well. But I think I understand your point, u don't really know till u try right? But right now my CRHing funds aren't enough to force me to have to deal with the possibility of changing my dumping system anyway lol. :)
5k is more than enough to do whatever volume you'd like. If you live in the south-west, D12 area, I'm sure you've noticed the SM coins, he's a friend of mine who was doing 120ish boxes a week, with only 5k cash, , great guy, I learned a HELL of a lot from him.

I might be missing something here because i am new to this, but looking at your totals and even your goals,
It doesn't seam worth tying up all that money for a 1/2% return. thats not even close to keeping up with inflation.
Now if you are using a few thousand bucks to CRH for a hobby I can understand that.
Like I said, I might be missing something here.
This year had been absolute ****, not only with low silver finds, but having complications with banks getting fussy, or shutting me down. I'm a high school senior, so the way I see it I have two options. 1. I can go work at McDonalds or Walmart for 5 bucks an hour after the government robs me. or 2. I can look at coins, doing something I enjoy and making a WHOLE lot more than $5 an hour. I started hunting with a few hundred bucks, and sold the stuff I found, now I'm up to a decent amount of volume. In no way am I a big shot here or anything, I know plenty of other people on here and not on here that do a whole lot more.

After thinking a little more about this I guess your only tying up $50k so the math is as bad as I first thought.
My largest week was at the end of 2013 I think, I was hunting with 3k at the time, pulled somewhere between 70 and 80 boxes, I think it was high 70's (records are in the closet) and I easily made 300-500 that week alone.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
5k is more than enough to do whatever volume you'd like. If you live in the south-west, D12 area, I'm sure you've noticed the SM coins, he's a friend of mine who was doing 120ish boxes a week, with only 5k cash, (VID) , great guy, I learned a HELL of a lot from him.

This year had been absolute ****, not only with low silver finds, but having complications with banks getting fussy, or shutting me down. I'm a high school senior, so the way I see it I have two options. 1. I can go work at McDonalds or Walmart for 5 bucks an hour after the government robs me. or 2. I can look at coins, doing something I enjoy and making a WHOLE lot more than $5 an hour. I started hunting with a few hundred bucks, and sold the stuff I found, now I'm up to a decent amount of volume. In no way am I a big shot here or anything, I know plenty of other people on here and not on here that do a whole lot more.

My largest week was at the end of 2013 I think, I was hunting with 3k at the time, pulled somewhere between 70 and 80 boxes, I think it was high 70's (records are in the closet) and I easily made 300-500 that week alone.

That was suposed to be a link, not a video like that, my bad.

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5k is more than enough to do whatever volume you'd like. If you live in the south-west, D12 area, I'm sure you've noticed the SM coins, he's a friend of mine who was doing 120ish boxes a week, with only 5k cash, , great guy, I learned a HELL of a lot from him.

Thats a lot of leg work! You would have to go to the bank and swap money like 14 times in one week with only
3K buying $40,000.00 worth of half dollars.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a lot of leg work! You would have to go to the bank and swap money like 14 times in one week with only
3K buying $40,000.00 worth of half dollars.

Yea I remember, nice payout though.

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I remember, nice payout though.

Yes. Nice working for yourself too. I probably would have done the same thing at your age.
Im to old for that now.
Keep at it and turn that silver in to something bigger in the future.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. Nice working for yourself too. I probably would have done the same thing at your age.
Im to old for that now.
Keep at it and turn that silver in to something bigger in the future.

College education ha

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
back to the question at hand:
1-2 boxes of halves
1-2 boxes of nickels.
Minor league r fur sure..

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far about 5 or 6 boxes of halves a week with 3 or 4 wild card boxes mixed in...nickels, dimes...etc..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was doing 30 + boxes a week of halves then went down to 6 boxes and 1 bag about 9 months ago, I just upped my orders to 20 boxes and 3 bags a week now starting this week and will be going up to 30 boxes again here in the next few weeks. HH, Maverick.

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-10 boxes of halves. 4-12 boxes of dimes. 1-2 boxes of quarters. 1-2 boxes of nickels. 2 boxes of cents. Sometimes I get 1k bags of quarters or dimes. What I pick up depends on what's producing. I average 6k searched in all (combined) denominations per week. I'm lucky that my pickup banks are flexible and will sell me bags when available.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread