How many boxes per week do you open on average?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whatever I feel like doing that particular week, it varies depending on what the banks want to sell me. Sometimes i'll do 8 dime boxes other weeks i'll do 6 nickel boxes and no dimes...

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 20 boxes a week of halves, but I've had stop altogether for a few weeks. If/when I resume it will be less.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I order 4 boxes of halves every week, but the bank does not always get 4 in, so I will buy whatever they get, normally 2 to 4 boxes per week.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing 30-35 boxes of halves, but have been cut off at a few branches wanting to charge me 17.75 per box.. so im down to 21-23 boxes a week. friggin sucks especially with it being real skunky lately, but atleast im not as rushed, and have more free time on the days I do hunt.

HH

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Run about 6 to 12 dime boxes per week, average of 1.4/box. Last years avg was 1.6

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been doing probably about 5 nickel boxes a week the past few weeks. Before that it was cents, but I'm taking a break from them for a while.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I was doing 30-35 boxes of halves, but have been cut off at a few branches wanting to charge me 17.75 per box.. so im down to 21-23 boxes a week. friggin sucks especially with it being real skunky lately, but atleast im not as rushed, and have more free time on the days I do hunt.

HH

Call their bluff.

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Shocked at the volume some of you guys do. I had no idea.
I just started a few weeks ago and was overwhelmed with a total of 4 boxes.
Dumping is the problem I am still working on.

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 or 2 of nickels or pennies, and sometimes a box of dimes. For some reason, I've never wanted to order a box of halves. I don't do too much because I have to reroll my coins, Although, I have found a bank near me that has a coin counting machine for members. I'm planning on opening an account with them next week :D

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Shocked at the volume some of you guys do. I had no idea.
I just started a few weeks ago and was overwhelmed with a total of 4 boxes.
Dumping is the problem I am still working on.

Yeah there's a lot of guys here who do heavy volume, most of them are kinda low key about it and understandably so. I'm low volume myself though - just 2 to 4 half boxes a week (plus whatever cwr's I can find of course) and about 1 1/2 nickel boxes a week. And yes, dumping is a big part of the equation. I consider myself pretty lucky though because I have good p/u banks and quick, easy & convenient (usually) dump banks. But I know if I tried increasing my volume up to even just 8 to 10 half boxes a week that would be more difficult and would likely put more strain on my relationship with my dump banks in particular and would require more strategy on my part - not to mention more funds of course lol.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah there's a lot of guys here who do heavy volume, most of them are kinda low key about it and understandably so. I'm low volume myself though - just 2 to 4 half boxes a week (plus whatever cwr's I can find of course) and about 1 1/2 nickel boxes a week. And yes, dumping is a big part of the equation. I consider myself pretty lucky though because I have good p/u banks and quick, easy & convenient (usually) dump banks. But I know if I tried increasing my volume up to even just 8 to 10 half boxes a week that would be more difficult and would likely put more strain on my relationship with my dump banks in particular and would require more strategy on my part - not to mention more funds of course lol.

Most people that do high volume open business accounts. Then you just have to put you're coin in a bag.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Most people that do high volume open business accounts. Then you just have to put you're coin in a bag.

Yeah I understand. And if I tried increasing my volume by any substantial amount that's what I would likely consider doing as well. But my current dumps banks work so well for me now that I would be reluctant to change my dumping system unless I really had too. And I have a feeling that like Omega said there's probably at least some hassles and complications involved for some people using that system. And Im just pretty much a person who's usually reluctant to change, esp going from something that's working really good for me to something unknown. My opinion is - if something's not broke - don't try and fix it. :)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Only to make it better

Sounds easy enough, but like u just said - often times things are more complicated than that and they don't always work out that way. And a lot of times its such a hassle just fixing the things that are actually broke or not working well. But I think I understand your point, u don't really know till u try right? But right now my CRHing funds aren't enough to force me to have to deal with the possibility of changing my dumping system anyway lol. :)

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a lot more complicated than that

I might be missing something here because i am new to this, but looking at your totals and even your goals,
It doesn't seam worth tying up all that money for a 1/2% return. thats not even close to keeping up with inflation.
Now if you are using a few thousand bucks to CRH for a hobby I can understand that.
Like I said, I might be missing something here.

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might be missing something here because i am new to this, but looking at your totals and even your goals,
It doesn't seam worth tying up all that money for a 1/2% return. thats not even close to keeping up with inflation.
Now if you are using a few thousand bucks to CRH for a hobby I can understand that.
Like I said, I might be missing something here.

After thinking a little more about this I guess your only tying up $50k so the math is as bad as I first thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions