Coinstar Find

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Every time I go to the supermarket, I always check the coinstar machines. Most of the machines in the supermarkets I go to, the coinstar machine are in a out of the way location. For the past several months, it seems like a lot of people have been checking the machines as the pickings have been very slim. I've been able to find a occasional clad or foreign coin but that's been it. Yesterday I checked the machine as usual & lo & behold there was something in the reject chute. It was a 1960 Roosevelt dime. My 1st silver in at least 3 months if not more. Nice to know that these machines will still produce a occasional silver after all.
HH
Gary

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!!

I always check when im near them at the stores, but ive only found a few clad dimes, and some pennies, nothing special at all :P

I think its tough in my area, cause theres so many banks with coin counters, anybody with half a brain would use those instead of coinstars. but then again, people arent known to use their brains around here either :P

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I've never found a silver from a coinstar, that is because the grocery store I use doesn't have one...
Thanks for sharing!
HH
Buff

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstar makes a nice 'change of pace' dump location if for instance you are planning some kind of home improvement project. You can get Home Depot gift cards for no service charge, so you don't lose anything in the transaction.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
you just lose whatever cash back you might get oon a credit card. with discover, that could be 5% for 3 months a year. that said, I do use it from time to time but it is something to keep in mind.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Today in a coinstar reject bin I found one of those " heads I win" "tails you lose" naked lady coins. It had been a long time since I have seen one of those. Glad my 8 year old son was not with me as it is he who usually checks the reject bins. Didn't know if it would be ok to post a pic so I didn't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread