Treats to the tellers worked

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I've been supplying the buy bank tellers with either donuts or ice cream every so often. Yesterday when picking up my boxes of halves the teller asked if I was interested in any old bills? I asked what do you have, and she said some old $5 dollar bills. I bought them and then asked what happens to the old stuff normally? She said they cut it up and make it unusable then send it in. She said she is the vault teller and gets them all, but if I was interested she would save them before they cut them up and see if I wanted any. She also said I'm only doing this because your the only person to bring us things to eat! So if your interested you get them all. I got 12, 1952 pretty decent looking bills. She said a few months ago she got some $500.00 bills, I said I will buy them if she gets any more.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty cool. Are they all $1 bills? The tellers at one of my dump banks have been asking me to save some half dollars for them for some reason lately. So the last two times I've been there I've picked out $5 of some of the nicer condition halves to sell to them over the counter. And when I was there Friday I was talking to the teller and he said they got a couple of old $100 bills from a customer. I was able to buy a 1934A $100 bill in fairly decent condition and they also had a 1928 $100 bill but I couldn't buy that one for some reason. I also asked the teller if they ever get any silver certs, red seals or $500 bills. The teller said they don't accept $500 bills but they would save any other unusual stuff for me if they happen to get it.

I should do a better job at establishing better relationships at some of my other banks too. Im gonna bring some chocolate to one of the tellers at one of my p/u banks soon. Its pays to work smarter not just harder right? lol

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A newer teller at my main branch asked if I wanted old bills? I asked how old is old. She said 1977....I told her that wasn't old. She said, to me that's old....I think she might be 19. So I kind of laughed and said, I would take anything 1950 and before. Yesterday I got a 1950 $5 from her. It does pay off to say something. Last year the branch got $1,000 bill, one of the employees got it because he collects, he give me old price guides and tells me some things to look for. Wish I had more chances to pick up some older bills for face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread