Best New Box- beginners luck?

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Best New Box- beginner's luck?

Between applying for disability and my COPD being so bad that I can barely carry a box of nickels or halves, I have been taking a major break from CRHing this year. When I was checking about starting a box of each at one of my best and closest pickup banks, the regular teller told me that they had a new vault teller just starting and that I should give her a couple of weeks to get comfortable. When I went in last week and she began asking me if I had an account, one of the Managers came up to the counter and told her that it was OK and that they always took care of me with coins. When I picked up the box of dimes and halves on Thursday last week, I bought them a box of the best cookies I know of and was I glad that I did.
First box of halves I got this year (I think) and when I opened it, there were 3 enders and then 1 more underneath. So the 4 enders I put to the side and the first roll I opened had 7 40%'s in it. Most of the rolls with silver in them were multiples of 2, 3, or 4 up to a couple of 7's and 1 with 9 (my best in a box). The 4 enders had from 4 to 7 in them. Final count was 71 40%'s and 2 64's which I think beats my best ever box of 72 or 74 all 40%'s. Funny thing about the box was that there were no dates above 1999 and only a few 80's and 90's. When I picked them up I told her to keep getting me boxes regular again so hopefully my 5 month break beginner's luck keeps working.

Attachments

• 71and264may15.jpg
    71and264may15.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score & cool pic! Needless to say, it's still out there.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, great box. That's kinda strange too because I had my best ever box ever just last Friday (but I didn't get around to opening it till Sunday) and it had a total of 80 x 40% and the very first roll had 7 40% in it too. Mine had a total of 14 enders including 2 rolls with double enders (my first) so I was hoping for a possible dream box but Im still quite happy with what I got. :)

Hope we both have tapped a silver vein and there's still more great boxes yet to come.

Good luck and H$H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread