36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Its probably difficult to say for sure. Some people seem to have pretty good consistent luck with dime boxes and other people have been reporting that their dime boxes haven't been producing very well for them lately. I would think getting as many cwr dimes as u can first would be best, but cwr dimes also seem to be the worst denomination that customers regularly short rolls so that can sometimes be a problem to consider.

Whatever u decide, I hope u get some loaded cwr's or good boxes soon and have fun hunting with your son or daughter.

H$H!

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Its probably difficult to say for sure. Some people seem to have pretty good consistent luck with dime boxes and other people have been reporting that their dime boxes haven't been producing very well for them lately. I would think getting as many cwr dimes as u can first would be best, but cwr dimes also seem to be the worst denomination that customers regularly short rolls so that can sometimes be a problem to consider.

Whatever u decide, I hope u get some loaded cwr's or good boxes soon and have fun hunting with your son or daughter.

H$H!

Thanks for the advice. My son and I go see what we can find. Hopefully a box and some cwr's.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing halves for about 6 months now. Have ordered a few boxes but mostly $200.00 - 300.00 a week cwr. Finding about 1 or 2 silver a week. No big scores ( collection dump ) yet but hopefully. My 8 year old wants me to get dimes for him to search. Are cwr or mwr better for dimes?
Thanks

Dang youre avg 1-2 ag halves a week on those low amounts? Thats really AWESOME avgs and maybe you shouod think about upping your volume

As to the dimes- you just have to try both and see what works for ya

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWR's are better, but you run the risk of being shorted with rolls that contain pennies, 45-49 dimes in them, etc. If you don't want to lose money, buy MWRs and reqrap your dumps, because coin machines also occasionally count dimes as pennies. I lose about $0.50 per $500 in dimes because they get counted as pennies from the coin machine.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no difference hunting boxes or customer rolled. I once had a 6 Barber dime run from consecutive boxes, and I find the mercs in boxes. Customer rolled last three times gave up 3, 9, and 10 silvers per $1,000.

I find many silver Canadian dimes from cwr.
THere's nothing better than sitting down with $1,000+ in dimes, boxes or cwr. When you become efficient, you can search and re roll $1k in about two hours.

Give two to three thousand in dimes a try, before giving up. I feel that number would give a good example of what could be found. Good luck.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Well, I went to a bank to get dimes. Its the closest bank to my house that I stopped going to for halves because the two times I ask they had boxes of them but they were all dumped ( mwr with one end opened and taped closed ). I asked if they had any sealed boxes of dimes and they did so I got one I also got 20 cwr of dimes that she had in her drawer. When she brought out the dimes I asked if they ever have sealed boxes of halves. She said that they only order them in for customers with accounts ( I don't have one there ) but she said that a guy brought some in this morning. I asked if I could get them and she said yes 12 rolls. So, I went home with 1 box of mwr dimes, 20 cwr dimes and 12 cwr halves.
Box of dimes skunk complete full box of 2014 d
20 cwr dimes (1) 1975 canadian (1) 1956 D Rosie
12 mwr halves (1) 1968 D (1) roll that had 21 halves in it and a 1974 with a large hole in the top of Kennedy's head.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad your first dime box was a solid new box but at least u found a little silver today. Maybe u can just dump that dime box as it is with rolls unopened and try your luck with another box.

Good luck and H$H!

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Too bad your first dime box was a solid new box but at least u found a little silver today. Maybe u can just dump that dime box as it is with rolls unopened and try your luck with another box.

Good luck and H$H!

That's what I am hoping to do next week.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just checking recent sold auctions on ebay and 2014 dime rolls are currently selling for as much as $10 each and a solid 2014 dime box sold for $339 earlier this month. Maybe u could try a CL ad over the wknd for maybe $275 or so for the box and see if you get any responses. That would be a way to dump the box and make a little money too. I know CL is different than ebay but it might be worth a try since u have a couple of days till u can dump the box at the bank anyway. Just a thought.

Good luck.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I was just checking recent sold auctions on ebay and 2014 dime rolls are currently selling for as much as $10 each and a solid 2014 dime box sold for $339 earlier this month. Maybe u could try a CL ad over the wknd for maybe $275 or so for the box and see if you get any responses. That would be a way to dump the box and make a little money too. I know CL is different than ebay but it might be worth a try since u have a couple of days till u can dSFump the box at the bank anyway. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Thank you for letting me know this. You are right. They are selling for this. The ones listed and sold are stringer rolls. The box I have has no logo on the rolls or the box. Can you tell me where these are from? Would it make a difference value wise?

ForumRunner_20140524_221423.png

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for letting me know this. You are right. They are selling for this. The ones listed and sold are stringer rolls. The box I have has no logo on the rolls or the box. Can you tell me where these are from? Would it make a difference value wise?

View attachment 1000002

The mwr's I see that sold on ebay were all similar rolls like yours with the green and white wrappers but the ones on I see on ebay either had LOOMIS or NF String logos on them but that doesn't really matter. The important thing is they are mwr uncirculated coins - the writing on the wrappers doesn't matter.

Good luck. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread