dimes

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
One box had 19 total with an ender. Only 9 rolls had silver out of the 50, weird.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the great dime boxes. Boxes like those help make up for all the skunks. Just never know what to expect from box to box with this hobby. Sounds like your hitting the dimes hard. Hope u get more loaded boxes like that 19 keeper box.

Good luck and H$H!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos for not quitting dimes during a 5-60 streak!

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Thanks! Yeah it was odd because i've never had a streak that bad with dimes. Just did another box that had 4 in it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dime and half dollar averages are half of what they were last year at this time.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of us are in the same boat

Me too, but I see crh at this time as a hobby for me, I don't sell any silver, so I guess it could also be considered a long term investment.

I'm at about 0.5 silver dimes per box over a very large sample size.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the motivation.

I'm currently at 55 boxes for 24 dimes. Hopefully our luck will turn around and the noobies flooding the system will leave after seeing the dismal results.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the motivation.

I'm currently at 55 boxes for 24 dimes. Hopefully our luck will turn around and the noobies flooding the system will leave after seeing the dismal results.

It would seem to me that posting silver coin finds from rolled coins might be something that gets new coin roll hunters interested in the hobby.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is, and what most people don't understand, most of us only post our good finds. When we have bad batches, many of us don't post those bad batches leaving new people to the hobby to assume its a "get rich quick" kind of activity, which it's not.
It would seem to me that posting silver coin finds from rolled coins might be something that gets new coin roll hunters interested in the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread