Back in the hunt after a good absence. Score!

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to pick up some halves, nickels, and cents today for the first time in quite awhile. I started off small to get back in the swing of things. Felt like I had to retrain my fingers and eyeballs to get back up to speed. Haha. I searched through $120 in halves, $60 in nickels, and $10 in cents. All CWR. Not much in the cents or nickels really. Separated about two full rolls of coppers from the cents
(no wheats), a couple dozen of the older '39-'55 nickels (no war nickels), and one slicked no date buffalo. I thought I almost got skunked on the halves until the third from last roll and bam! 10-40%ers and 1-90%er. Good way to ease back into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost forgot pics!

ForumRunner_20140603_213340.png

ForumRunner_20140603_213226.png

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to pick up some halves, nickels, and cents today for the first time in quite awhile. I started off small to get back in the swing of things. Felt like I had to retrain my fingers and eyeballs to get back up to speed. Haha. I searched through $120 in halves, $60 in nickels, and $10 in cents. All CWR. Not much in the cents or nickels really. Separated about two full rolls of coppers from the cents
(no wheats), a couple dozen of the older '39-'55 nickels (no war nickels), and one slicked no date buffalo. I thought I almost got skunked on the halves until the third from last roll and bam! 10-40%ers and 1-90%er. Good way to ease back into it.

:coffee2: Those are nice finds for sure. Congrats & welcome back. Any of the 40%s 1970?
Hh
Gary

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW3- Unfortunately none of them were. I've only found one in all the years I've been hunting. They are elusive in the wild!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread