Ahh!!!!the wisdom of youth

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007
I picked up two rolls of halves this morning (all the bank had) and checked them out in the parking lot....nothing worth keeping, I try to use halves in my everyday purchases to some extent, so I stopped a a local quick mart to get a coffee and had 3 Kennedys in my hand to pay the 1.25, this guy ( early twenties I would guess) asked me if I was going to spend those silver dollars, I told him they were halves not dollars and he offered me a dollar a piece for them, so he bought himself 3 for $3.00. He followed me out the door and asked if I had anymore and I told him I had 40 in my truck and he offered to by them for a dollar each...so I let him. I should have ask him if he had any friends that might be interested...but I thought I better make my get away before he wises up!!!!

Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
ROTFL :D :D :D Thats the funniest thing Ive heard in a while,
still laughing.

(made your get-away... priceless haha)

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is funny....poor guy though.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Great story! Funny thing is, I'd be elated just to be able to pawn off 40 halves to somebody for face, let alone 2x face! That'd be 40 less you'd have to turn back in at the bank.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
DrDetector said:
Great story! Funny thing is, I'd be elated just to be able to pawn off 40 halves to somebody for face, let alone 2x face! That'd be 40 less you'd have to turn back in at the bank.

more importantly to us CRHers, that's forty less that will be in circulation and could wind up in rolls we buy.

don't feel bad whoknows, you did tell him they were half dollars.

Where is that quick mart ....and what time does he get off work ? I too have got some halves I'd like to sell him. :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread