CRH and a Chat about Personal Safety

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Definitely good to avoid people like that. You don't go out there to CHAT anyway. What are people thinking?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
show us a video of the park i want to see if its as intimidating as you make it sound.if this guy bothers you again tell him you want to take his picture for safe keeping.i bet he wont hang around you any longer.

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched it sounds kinda sketch but he knew he was in da hood anyway

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely not a guy you would want to trust, but sounds more like the scam artist type than a dangerous type. The kind of guy who will swipe something when you're not looking, or something of that nature. maybe at the very worst lead you into a secluded location and pull out a knife and demand your wallet. Fortunately anybody with half a brain can avoid getting had by these guys, but they are very annoying. But who knows, maybe he was just bored and wanted some scrap metal advice.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I coulda told you his intention from the getgo!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul, I only CRH, but i'd imagine that metal detecting im a bad area is almost as bad as crh'ing in a bad area. I refuse to go into "ghetto" areas to CRH, sure, there could be a massive pile of silver there, but I don't see how the benefits will outweigh the risks. I am happy to hear that no incident occurred and that you were able to get out of the uncomfortable situation. :icon_thumleft:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
that's worth a VIDEO?? You didn't feel threatened, it wasn't exciting, and you didn't find anything worth talking about. Plus you unwrapped dimes while slowly excruciatingly talking about it? And the last two minutes was mostly looking at your hands and open rolls sitting on the table? And since you didn't think he was a threat, WHAT was your "close call"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions