Silver quarters today!

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
But didn't come by them via CR hunting. Picked up some donuts Sat. morning and asked the cashier for any 'old' looking coins. Her co-worker, standing nearby asked if I was looking for silver coins, to which I replied positively. She offered to sell me some she had at home. Gave her my number and told her to call with qty and denominations so I could determine how much I'd offer.

Long story short, she never called so I called the shop this morning. First girl answered and when I explained why I was calling, she informed me the other girl was there with her coins. I grabbed some cash and rushed to the shop. Picked up two moderately worn Washington's (1942 and '52 D) for $1.00 each. Yes, I also purchased some 'Apple Fritters' and left with a broad smile!!!

Fritters are gone, but the quarters are 'safe-on-board'. :occasion14:

HH and stack em high!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
But didn't come by them via CR hunting. Picked up some donuts Sat. morning and asked the cashier for any 'old' looking coins. Her co-worker, standing nearby asked if I was looking for silver coins, to which I replied positively. She offered to sell me some she had at home. Gave her my number and told her to call with qty and denominations so I could determine how much I'd offer.

Long story short, she never called so I called the shop this morning. First girl answered and when I explained why I was calling, she informed me the other girl was there with her coins. I grabbed some cash and rushed to the shop. Picked up two moderately worn Washington's (1942 and '52 D) for $1.00 each. Yes, I also purchased some 'Apple Fritters' and left with a broad smile!!!

Fritters are gone, but the quarters are 'safe-on-board'. :occasion14:

HH and stack em high!

Nice going!

I would've offered a little more, but that's just me. Still can't beat getting silver quarters for cheap!

HH!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1 each? You make a cash for gold place look generous!

OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
$1 each? You make a cash for gold place look generous!

Yeah. Seller made (profited) $1.50 on face value and was estatic. It shouldn't come as any surprize, my goal is "profit" or stay home. I initiated the transaction, expended the time, effort and gas; made an offer the buyer could have rejected or countered, but did neither. No apologies here. In my world view, loss or breakeven is not a consideration. My understanding..."it's the American way" and it's also how I ride. 8-)

PS - Thirty years of commercial negotiation hones one's views.

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or you could pay a fair and honest price and get repeat business. You may pull it off for awhile, but it wont last.

*edited to remove overly harsh portion, I misread/interpreted the post while rushing at work. Still feel that paying an honest price would make more sense if you want to continue buying from theses people.

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love you too Twitch. A second personal attack? Again not even involving you? Tisk tisk. I could have sworn you said you were blocking me....feel free to keep your word.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
neither of you guys are wrong, just have valid differing opinions. Twitch dude...really? step back and check yourself, before you hit "send", don't.

drewbaccas

Mar 8, 2013
(Quote removed by mod)

I think joe adds a lot to this site and is the reason I still visit this site

Last edited by a moderator:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal! hopefully that cashier looks out for goodies to save for you more often!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions