kindness

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
I posted this earlier in "honorable mention" but I want as many people to see it as possible.

I am the father of a 14 year old Autistic son. I home school him, and most of the time it is pretty impersonal. He really has to have his interest peaked to make it more than just a task.
A member of this forum, Coolpix9 offered foriegn coins that he had recovered CRH'ing. I also recently started CRH'ing and discovered that my son showed interest in the canadian coins I was finding. I told him my story, and offered to pay for shipping on the coins.
We received the coins, postage paid. What a selection, ten different countries. My son is just ecstatic, we are researching a different country every day, TOGETHER. I don't know how Thank this man for his kind act. He has unknowingly given me a precious hour or so every day with my sons complete attention. I have struggled for ten years to find things that capture his attention so completely, with limited success.
I just want everyone to know the quality kind of people that inhabit our forum. I have never received an act of kindness from a complete stranger in this way before.
Thank You Jim, I am eternally grateful. Bongo

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the post where he offered those foriegn coins to you. Great story and thanks for posting.

WTG Jim.......Kudos...You truely are "The Man". Very touching.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Yes that was an act of kindness, and I'm glad you were able to find something to capture your son's interest that both of you can share together! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread