superneo123

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys I am new to this forum, I started crh when i was a kid, then like most took a long break but am back into it now for about 2 years, recently I started making videos for youtube on my crh.

I found what i think could be a 1996 wide am. I need to still take better pictures of it and place on here but for now I will put a link to the vid I made of finding it, there are other finds in there as well but I would like some more opinions on the 1996.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
naaa man, close am, I'm pretty sure. It looks wider, but it isn't wide enough. I have found that dirty coins sometimes give them the appearance of being a wide am, when they really aren't. I mean it's hard to tell honestly. I don't think it is wide enough. If you could possibly get a photo of the "fg" initials on the bottom right of the memorial that would confirm it. There has only been 1 found, so I doubt it, but hey ya never know. It's really close, hopefully Enamel can chime in because it's kind of tough. I feel like the way it's angled might make it misleading.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Sorry, I didn't see further into the video, the initials look just like the close am, even further, so I'm 95% sure it's a close am, but like I said wait for someone else to confirm it.

OP
OP
S

superneo123

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the fast response, I was doubtful about it as well but it does not hurt for more options. Should I try to clean it up a little to try to see it better. I know you should not clean coins. I will wait and try to get better high resolution photos and get more options.

Thanks.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
could you just take a picture of the whole reverse of the coin? I feel like that would be a bit better actually, for me at least.

OP
OP
S

superneo123

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure I will try either at lunch today if I have time or toninght when I get home.

OP
OP
S

superneo123

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few pics i took of the 96

DSC_0404.JPG Still0001.jpg Still0002.jpg Still0004.jpg

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yepper, close AM. The spacing will be the same as the rest of the letters in "America".

OP
OP
S

superneo123

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, that is what I thouht but with the a and the m not touching it is kind of confusing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread