$190 in halves give up 227 keepers!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I had to take off and go to the SS office because they changed my birthday and erased my income for 2005- go figure. 2 1/2 hours later I went to a bank that sells me Brinks rolls. Been there 4 times and this time I got a great new teller. She said she had 2 boxes in the vault and needed a day's notice to get them out. I have a flex day tomorrow and will head north with my wife to see her Mom up in East Texas. Since we'll be passing by I asked her to have them ready early in the commercial window - no problem! What a great little teller. She then says - we have some hand rolled in the back if you want them $190 worth. I asked to look at them and she thought I was looking for "new" Brinks coins. She brought them out and they looked too new and a lot like dumps but she said they'd been there a while. She opens one end on a roll and says they look new- and shows me a BU '67. Speechless, I fumbled my wallet and bought them all.
The lesson learned is to ask for everything the have - every time- Like I say I've been there 3 other times and Brinks rolls was all they indicated were in the bank but I'm sure the $190 was there all along.
What a great haul - 11 + rolls of solid silver - a lot of BU's! I guess I can afford a day off if they pay like this!
6 Franklins and 24 - 64's! 2 Bens are AU+++. Must have been a collection - she said one customer brought them all in - oh well, I promise I'll take good care of them!

Totals:

51 x 1
55 x 1
58 x 1
59 x 2
63 x 1
64 x 24
65 x 9
66 x 41
67 x 82
68 x 46
69 x 19