$190 in halves give up 227 keepers!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I had to take off and go to the SS office because they changed my birthday and erased my income for 2005- go figure. 2 1/2 hours later I went to a bank that sells me Brinks rolls. Been there 4 times and this time I got a great new teller. She said she had 2 boxes in the vault and needed a day's notice to get them out. I have a flex day tomorrow and will head north with my wife to see her Mom up in East Texas. Since we'll be passing by I asked her to have them ready early in the commercial window - no problem! What a great little teller. She then says - we have some hand rolled in the back if you want them $190 worth. I asked to look at them and she thought I was looking for "new" Brinks coins. She brought them out and they looked too new and a lot like dumps but she said they'd been there a while. She opens one end on a roll and says they look new- and shows me a BU '67. Speechless, I fumbled my wallet and bought them all.
The lesson learned is to ask for everything the have - every time- Like I say I've been there 3 other times and Brinks rolls was all they indicated were in the bank but I'm sure the $190 was there all along.
What a great haul - 11 + rolls of solid silver - a lot of BU's! I guess I can afford a day off if they pay like this!
6 Franklins and 24 - 64's! 2 Bens are AU+++. Must have been a collection - she said one customer brought them all in - oh well, I promise I'll take good care of them!

Totals:

51 x 1
55 x 1
58 x 1
59 x 2
63 x 1
64 x 24
65 x 9
66 x 41
67 x 82
68 x 46
69 x 19

Attachments

• 3-29crh.jpg
    3-29crh.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy mackeral Tim.....what a haul!! When you hit em...you hit em big!! Congrats. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I think tomorrow I am going to E. Texas......ha!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
On the Franklin halfs the main key dates are 49D 49S and 55.
And on the 55 they have what they call a "Bugs Bunny"....some defect in the die when they stamped some of the coins make it look like Ben has a slight overbite. You may have to get a 10X loop to see it on a circulated coin.

Good job again!! You will catch up to that Louisiana L J very soon.

A CRH "war"... TxTim Vs. L J ;)

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Kudos ! Great finds and photos.

Are you sure you and LJ aren't really the Hunt Bros; and trying to corner the silver market; once again. :D

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FANTASTIC!!!

It's going to set the bar pretty high for ever beating that score!

Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread