maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There are naysayers on here that will say otherwise, but the answer is yes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^, for the op. I have not sold any of my finds for paper money, but I have traded some of my finds for items that I needed ( or wanted), the rest I just keep saving and if I happen to need something else later on, I will have the means to trade for it. Considering I get my Silver at face value ( plus a little gas and time), the items I traded my coins for I got for pennies/cents on the dollar. HH, Maverick.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^, for the op. I have not sold any of my finds for paper money, but I have traded some of my finds for items that I needed ( or wanted), the rest I just keep saving and if I happen to need something else later on, I will have the means to trade for it. Considering I get my Silver at face value ( plus a little gas and time), the items I traded my coins for I got for pennies/cents on the dollar. HH, Maverick.

Hey maverick, have you had any luck with halves lately?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey maverick, have you had any luck with halves lately?

Hey db, I am still searching boxes and bags every week, still finding Silver ( though it has dropped off considerably) but nothing special, I have been searching bags of Ikes lately, only found 1 92 ASE, so I'm not really going to put much more effort into those, just order some every now and then for a bit. HH, Maverick.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Most americans are uneducated about gold and silver. They can't see past the "face value" of the coin. If you had a roll of 90% half dollars in one hand and a worthless 100 dollar fiat bill in the other, how many people on the street would take the 100 dollar bill over the halves? 99 Out of 100 probably. Fiat currency has no true value except for exchanging bills for goods and services. Gold and silver is real wealth but how many actually know or care?

Continued complacency, ignorance, blind faith and central bank monetary market manipulation is all that's keeping the US bond market and USD from collapsing. But this can't and wont last forever - or even much longer for that matter. Just like the housing market bubble and the Nasdaq bubble before that, eventually the USD con/bubble will be just too evident and impossible for people to continue to rationalize and ignore and there will be a heard mentality to sell USDs in exchange for hard safe assets. Economic ignorance, complacency and misplaced trust in the USD has been a very costly mistake for our creditors and trading partners in other countries for decades and will increasingly be a very costly mistake for millions of Americans in the near future as well.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continued complacency, ignorance, blind faith and central bank monetary market manipulation is all that's keeping the US bond market and USD from collapsing. But this can't and wont last forever ...

Those are insightful, rational, logical thoughts. Unfortunately, you cannot apply logic and rationality to a situation in which the fox watches the chicken house.

When those who make the rules don't like how the game is playing out, they just change the rules. The crooks in charge will stop at nothing to retain control. Don't believe it? Think that a representative system would not allow blanket thievery?

In the 1930's, the us guvmunt stole everyone's gold through legislation (Gold Reserve Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Congress knew that those whom they represented did not want to trade their gold for FRNs, yet it happened. Who knows what the vile bassturds will do next time they want to hit the rest button. They will think of something.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are insightful, rational, logical thoughts. Unfortunately, you cannot apply logic and rationality to a situation in which the fox watches the chicken house.

When those who make the rules don't like how the game is playing out, they just change the rules. The crooks in charge will stop at nothing to retain control. Don't believe it? Think that a representative system would not allow blanket thievery?

In the 1930's, the us guvmunt stole everyone's gold through legislation (Gold Reserve Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Congress knew that those whom they represented did not want to trade their gold for FRNs, yet it happened. Who knows what the vile bassturds will do next time they want to hit the rest button. They will think of something.

I agree that monetary and fiscal policy over the past century as well as the overwhelming majority of peoples understanding of basic economics and sound money has reached a level so irrational and illogical its completely ludicrous. We now have an artificial economy completely dependent on a cheap money policy, 0% interest rates and consumer debt (all of which weakens and destroys economies) and nearly everyone is convinced this is legitimate economic recovery and growth. But I disagree this can last indefinitely just because this is America. We can't continue to run our economy by paying the world for their imported products with an increasing worthless fiat currency that Fed just continues to inflate away. Every Ponzi scheme eventually comes to an end and this one will to.

Just like the housing market bubble and the Nasdaq before that, the current bond market and currency market bubbles will eventually pop too. But the government and the Fed will continue to delay this from happening as long as possible while in turn making the situation worse and worse. But eventually things will get to such insane proportions that returning to some sense of economic sanity and sound money will be unavoidable. But the coming sovereign debt and currency market crisis is much worse than any of the preceding bubbles and that's why they can't be allowed to pop. But eventually this biggest bubble in world history will pop too. Exactly how bad it will be only time will tell. Just be prepared and exchange your USDs for hard safe assets and perhaps good high dividend yielding foreign investments in less risky countries with sounder economies and currencies before its too late.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread