silver price

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It went from 18.75ish to 21.50 in a matter of 2-3 days about a month ago.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 1st to august 5th is more than 2-3 days
Yes it is

Silver was around 20 an ounce in August 2010 and 20 an ounce in august 2014, doesnt move much i guess.

If you dont look at what happens in between 2 points you can make any conclusion you want.

Last edited:

DB Cooper

Greenie
Jul 28, 2014
Prairieville, La.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice for the price to go down a bit on gold and silver. Just for a day or two lol I want to buy more !

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I need for AG start rising sharply since I'm in my later years in life, with a fixed income from SocSec, I may need to sell to help defray rising cost of living. Until then I plan to stack as much as I can at face value. I don't believe in high premiums for something that you may need to hold several years to recoup. If I had only stacked silver back in the 60's when I first started coin collecting, should have been CRH hoarding of AG instead of collecting the best and recycle the rest. Duh, dummy me.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
They just havent figured out a new way to screw with and manipulate the market yet,give em time.:laughing7:

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free advice.

Silver makes a good hedge against hyperinflation, or even against the collapse of the dollar.

If you choose to acquire it, take physical possession of the metal, and don't worry about it's price in dollars appreciating.

In fact, the lower it is, the more you can buy.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
The lower the price, the lower my collection is worth. People wanting it to go down doesn't make any sense to me.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The actual worth of your collection doesn't change.

No matter what happens in the world, an ounce of silver, is an ounce of silver.

It is the value of the rubber-ruler called the dollar that is changing.

It is a hard concept to come to grips with... but when you do... it may help you offset some hard times.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just updated my silver stash on excel. In late April the spot price was $19.37.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lower the price, the lower my collection is worth. People wanting it to go down doesn't make any sense to me.

Are you looking to sell you collection or add to it?

That should answer your question.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll help it make sense. Lets assume you have a collection of silver valued at $10,000 and you have $5,000 in cash you could buy silver with. You also theorize that silver will eventually go up drastically. Do you want to buy silver at $20/oz or $15/oz?

There are a lot of bullion buyers that can identify with the scenario above. What they don't realize is if they're holding on to cash at $20/oz, most will continue to hold their cash at $15/oz.

Others buy a little each month with money they've saved. Continuing with the "silver will eventually go up" theory, they want to buy their silver as cheap as possible.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver prices have been in relatively narrow trading range lately but Im convinced that there will be much more volatility in the future and the long term trend for silver prices will be much higher. As others have stated, if you believe this as well (or at least believe in and understand the importance of real sound money which is gold and silver) then lower silver prices should just be considered an even better buying opportunity than what I believe are artificially low prices today.

thebadger108

May 2, 2014
Payson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fortune Hunter!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Others buy a little each month with money they've saved. Continuing with the "silver will eventually go up" theory, they want to buy their silver as cheap as possible.

This describes me to the "T". I just started collecting and stacking silvers in late May. I am 42 years old and just starting my collection. It not only is fun.. But each time i find a silver or dig up one, Or dig for the Fiat coin to trade in for silver. Its for my future or my child's or even my grandson or granddaughter! So yes I do want it as low as I can possibly get it so I can hoard all that my FIAT paycheck will allow me to purchase!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
PMs aren't an investment aimed at growth. PMs are a store of value and a hedge against inflation, due to the constant demand whether it's from investors, industry, or whatever else. The idea is if you buy $100 of PMs today, in 50 years when you sell that silver you should be able to buy the same amount of goods or services that the $100 buys you today.

Of course there will be fluctuations to the +/- along the way, and it can be argued that demand (especially for silver, or other PMs) will be higher by then and therefore the price will have moved faster than inflation.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
I'll help it make sense. Lets assume you have a collection of silver valued at $10,000 and you have $5,000 in cash you could buy silver with. You also theorize that silver will eventually go up drastically. Do you want to buy silver at $20/oz or $15/oz?

There are a lot of bullion buyers that can identify with the scenario above. What they don't realize is if they're holding on to cash at $20/oz, most will continue to hold their cash at $15/oz.

I'm just not a bullion buyer. Its too risky. If you have a lot of money and have faith in assumptions and theorize that silver will go up a lot then go ahead and take the risk. The 5,000 would be used to crh and get silver at face value. I will always get atleast 5,000 back although i know crh isn't completely free but seems like a much better route to take over buying it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread