Sweet war nickel

GoldRunner

Greenie
Dec 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1943s....full stairs. Pics do not do this one justice. Beautiful nickel. Hope to get some better pics later. image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's strange, I got a really nice 1943-S the other day too. Looks about the same.

Nice find.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's strange, I got a really nice 1943-S the other day too. Looks about the same.

Nice find.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this post. I thought your nickel was the same date and mint mark but I couldn't remember for sure. I'd sure have to do a double or triple take if I ever found a war nickel this nice. I'd probably be thinking at first that my eyes were playing tricks on me lol. I'm just not used to seeing war nickels that nice and that color.

OP
OP
G

GoldRunner

Greenie
Dec 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a good size stak war nic. This is far and above the best. I normally do not even look for stairs on em, forgot to at first, had to go back...full set...unreal this old in circulation and still nice. Wonder where she has been sitting all these years.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
proceeds of a burglary or sticky finger grandson needed to buy a taco. great example why we CRH, you never know what is hiding inside that paper. REDBOOK puts it at $3 for AU to $20 at MS 65. got a '43P last night with near full steps, EF to AU

OP
OP
G

GoldRunner

Greenie
Dec 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had not had a chance to pull out my book and check. I agree someone dumped in some good stuff. Glad for it been really streaky lately for me. Finished 144,000 last night not long to 150,000.
Will be interested to really sit down then and run some numbers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread