Does anyone call banks?

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
I have but I don't get accurate answers.
The last bank I called said they had none but when I stopped in and talked too the right teller, she produced $190.

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
scotto said:
...and ask if they have halves? I tried calling a bunch of out of the way banks in the country today, and found out there is $730.00 rolled up in about 6 banks about 1 1/2 hour drive from me.

Road trip tomorrow! ;D ;D ;D

That's a great idea. I've got a theory, albeit a newbie and someone can tell me if this is wrong but rural banks may have more silver than big city banks?

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
I called a branch that I knew had silver in their counter bag and by the time I got there it was 457.00 instead of the 500.00 they had said on the phone, funny thing is they where not sure of the first count. I now never call I just go road trippin when I feel like it and that way I am there right in their face with the coins :)
Best Regards, Ray
Oh Yeah good luck on the trip also :)

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
keithinvestigations said:
I've got a theory, albeit a newbie and someone can tell me if this is wrong but rural banks may have more silver than big city banks?

Oh sure they can, mostly because the odds of someone CRH there is lower than in cities. When not CRH bags of halves, I've had the best luck in out of the way banks with loose rolls.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
I call the banks sometimes to see if the box I had ordered had come in yet. :D I try and keep a spreadsheet to keep track. Appearently at some banks the deliverys are Wed and Thurs. so sometimes they come in on different days.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have in the past & know where there is about $1500 in rolls at a few different banks. I just have to find time to get to them now. This way, I always know where the halves are unless someone gets there first.

I am a little leery about calling though because it might instill a thought into the mind of a teller/vault manager about "what is she looking for" ???

Irish Finn

Mar 31, 2007
Chicago Fed District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am going on a coin roll hunting trip I always call ahead to see if they have any, how many and banking hours. My son and I are going on a trip tomorrow hopefully I will not step on anybodies toes.

Michael Karr

Dec 2, 2006
YA I CALL THEM TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ANY,OR IF THEY WILL RECEIVE THEM,I PICKED UP A GOOD DUMP BANK THAT WAY...MIKE :)

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've only called 2 banks that have counting machines. Their policy is they can't remove the bags until they are full. Once they get to around $400 I'll go cash in $100 in halves and then buy the bag.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Fropa said:
I've only called 2 banks that have counting machines. Their policy is they can't remove the bags until they are full. Once they get to around $400 I'll go cash in $100 in halves and then buy the bag.

Hey that's a great idea! I wish I had a setup like that around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread