WOO HOO!!!! Road trip score!!!!

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Finally had a great trip. Did some calling around yesterday, and found some halves in small town remote banks about 1 1/2 hours drive. First bank had $330.00 in halves. My son opened the first roll, which had 13 silvers in it. The second roll I opened, and I gasped when I saw the edges, my first solid silver roll!!! Found 49 silver halves total. Same bank had 160 Ikes too!!

6 - 65
6 - 66
15 - 67
14 - 68
8 - 69
160 - Ikes

Hit another bank with 7 rolls, all skunks.

Attachments

• aaabow1.JPG
    aaabow1.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 430
  • aaabow2.JPG
    aaabow2.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
wow! 160 ikes!? i'm lucky if I can find one. BTW.... one bank I go to is going to see about ordering Ikes for me. She even has the armored carrier guy checking for me. And I dont even have an account there!!!! I think I am going to open one just because they have been so good to me.

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm..... 49 silver, 160 Ikes?

Oh, yeah! I'd have driven an hour and a half for that!

Shoot, I'd have driven that far just to open that roll with the 13 silvers!

Congrats and thanks for the pics.

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
bigtime400 said:
wow! 160 ikes!? i'm lucky if I can find one. BTW.... one bank I go to is going to see about ordering Ikes for me. She even has the armored carrier guy checking for me. And I dont even have an account there!!!! I think I am going to open one just because they have been so good to me.

Please post when you find out any info. I'm interested in ordering some myself.
Thanks

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fruitbat said:
bigtime400 said:

Please post when you find out any info. I'm interested in ordering some myself.Thanks

Every bank is different. One bank teller she accidently order the wrong dollars and got Ikes once. She tried again for me and couldnt get them. Another bank that always has two boxes of halves waiting for me said they just can't get Ikes anymore.

OP
OP
scotto

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I decided to not keep all the Ikes, it's tying up my halves $$. I've kept a couple rolls, and put the rest on ebay to see how they do.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip Scott!!!! Man, you were due. I am so excited. Congrats on the full roll too. I know you and your son had a heck of time. Keep em coming Scott.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread