Finally....another first!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
After just finding my first '70D half less than a week ago, I found another first earlier tonight in a box I got earlier today. I finally found my first foreign silver - a '64 Canadian half. And its sure in a lot nicer condition than the dirty '70D I found a few days ago. It's kinda strange its taken me so long to find both of these firsts and then I find them both within a week. But its just another example of how unpredictable this hobby can be. In addition to the '64 Canadian I also found a '64D Kennedy and 5 x 40% in the same box.

Now if I can just find my first Barber sometime soon, it will be like winning the trifecta lol.

H$H!

Attachments

• 64 Canadian half from box 135.jpg
    64 Canadian half from box 135.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 64 Canadian half in roll.jpg
    64 Canadian half in roll.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the foreign silver Club. The Canadian half is smaller than ours. It's very rare to find foreign silver in half box/roll. I've found 1918 Indian one rupee, Panama silver medio balboas, and Canadian silver halves.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome SF, i had my first a week or 2 ago... but it was a 50% dime

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the ASW of the 80% canadian, it's easy to remember.

1 dollar = .6 OZT in Actual silver Weight

half is .3 and so on.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it does mean that.

dime is .06 ozt
quarter is .15 ozt

Don't ask me the about the sterling coinage ASW, or the coins that were minted at 50% silver though!

the RCM did do a Olympic Commemorative Sterling coin set that had easy ASW to remember too. That was 1.5 OZT, and .75 ozt. /done

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Coingrats on the Canadian, I have only found 2 ever, very cool find! I like how you marked it in the roll in the pic lol. HH, Maverick.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find silverface! Congrats on the 1970 D also.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang nice score bud!! I still havent found a canadian, or even a canadian silver... ah well hopefully sometime :)

HH

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool. One of my favorite finds last year was a 1918 Canadian half and this year a silver Balboa. Foreign silver is a nice change.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Found my first last week, 1962. You know that when you find the first the flood gates usually open!

image.jpg

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Found my first last week, 1962. You know that when you find the first the flood gates usually open!

That's right, I almost forgot you just found your first silver Canadian half just last week. You also found a 90% silver proof half and a barber dime last month also. Both of those are still on my yet to find list too. Hopefully I can keep following your lead lol.

Thanks guys. Although Im not really superstitious, September has usually been a good month for me in the past and so far this month has been pretty good too - considering my relatively low volume. I think Ive now found just under 80 ozs of silver so far this year so Im getting closer to my year end goal of 100 ozs of silver or more. And finding the unusual and harder to find silver is an added bonus and adds to the fun too. Hopefully we can all finish with some good finds and decent totals this year.

H$H!

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That is cool. One of my favorite finds last year was a 1918 Canadian half and this year a silver Balboa. Foreign silver is a nice change.

Those are both great finds. So far my oldest Balboa half is a '75 I found last month. And you're right, foreign silver is a nice change lol.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find silverface. I don't have one if those yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions