persistence is failing

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how to word this
My patience/persistence is starting to weign- I am on another long skunk streak- over 60+ 30 alone this week(had 4 different banks call me telling me they had boxes someone didnt pick up if I wanted them) - and avg now just 1 40% per 13 boxes and 1 90% per 21 boxes not sure I can last much longer with silver being so low still- im getting an itch to just use my crh funds to buy a big lot of ag-
Ugh seeing the great finds by a few of you is a double edged sword-
Keep huntin everyone

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Russell - I've said many times, the way you power through skunk streaks, you're more man than I am. My only unsolicited advice is never feel like you have to CRH. If you're at all like me, and probably like many of us, you have a bit of an obsessive personality. CRH'ing becomes a routine and then a requirement. As a few people have said above, if you're getting your butt kicked call a time out, take a week or two and stop. And then when the urge to hunt resurfaces get back after it. Also, it may make sense to try cents for a while. They are easy to get, easy to dump and there are almost always wheaties to be found. I certainly like finding Walkers and Bens but finding wheat cents is still as good a find as a silver half, unless you're in it for the money. If you are in it for the money I'd suggest quitting CRH'ing and focus on Ebay and live auctions. There are tons of great deals to be had on Ebay if you put in the same time and energy that goes into CRH'ing. Live auctions are the same. 3 out of 4 someone is crazily over-bidding (CRH equivalent of a skunk) and then the 4th auction nobody knows what they're doing and you get AG at 60% of face (the collection dump). Hang in there man! PM an address or PO box and next time I find an ender roll I'll send it to you!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how to word this
My patience/persistence is starting to weign- I am on another long skunk streak- over 60+ 30 alone this week(had 4 different banks call me telling me they had boxes someone didnt pick up if I wanted them) - and avg now just 1 40% per 13 boxes and 1 90% per 21 boxes not sure I can last much longer with silver being so low still- im getting an itch to just use my crh funds to buy a big lot of ag-
Ugh seeing the great finds by a few of you is a double edged sword-
Keep huntin everyone

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Russell, I would have already packed it in. Those numbers aren't even close to being acceptable enough for me to continue. You'd easily be better off financially to just buy a little silver. There would be no shame whatsoever in giving up. You gave it more than an adequate go.

Now, with that said, its not my time and money. Its yours. Spend both as you please and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my disbelief with this, 1st, it's not their money, they just process it. I do believe that there probably are some cool bosses out there that will let the employees pick out coins that they can swap out, I have spoken to one of my bank tellers that have confirmed that when she was employed in one of the establishments that they would let her swap out bills if she wanted to.
2nd, it is not ( as far as I know) their job to filter out any foreign or Silver coins, ( that's why we find what we find Silver, Foreign, Large pennies, tokens ect...) if they did take out all the odd stuff, they would have to pay or replace it ( ei Brinks, Loomis, Dumbar ect..) I don't think they are in the business of cleaning up the coin supply for the banks, why would they take out all of the foreign, tokens, guitar picks, slugs and replace it with money? It would cost them more money in the end right?

I just don't see why they would install machines to take anything out, just doesn't seem in the grand skeem of things that the coins sorting facillities would be worried about trying to make a few bucks on SIlver coins, they make their money packing and distributing. I could be totally wrong:dontknow:of course, this is just my opinion and you know those are like butholes, everyone has one:tongue3:. HH, Maverick.

But the couriers do own the coins mav. They essentially buy them from the bank. The courier takes the coins, counts them (by weight as I am told), and then that amount is deposited into the bank's account at the Fed by the courier. The courier then rolls and boxes the coins to be sold back to the banks and businesses...and it starts all over again.

It would be very naive to think that coins never get swapped at these facilities. Furthermore, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me that some of these machines filter out a big portion of the silver. I would think that is most likely an accidental rejection much like a Coinstar brand machine spits out silver coins during the reject/accept process. Those machines surely have to have some sort of high-tech rejection process to get out the washers, tokens, etc. as they are in the business of providing rolled coin to banks and businesses. If those rolls often contain foreign objects, coins, etc. then they would be soon out of business.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still disagree. Govco watches mint workers like a hawk and they're just making them. If they get caught with just one coin they get s-itcanned. You can bet the government has measures in place to keep money from transferring to other hands. I know how strict they are with records for food manufacturing. They probably have their own cameras and scanners in the couriers buildings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread