Look what my last 17 boxes this week produced...

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer

Attachments

• skunk3.gif
    skunk3.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding?? 17 $500 boxes and got nothing??! I think that would cause me to quit. (Or, is that what you're trying to make us do? :D

OP
OP
silverfinder37

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
packerbacker said:
Are you kidding?? 17 $500 boxes and got nothing??! I think that would cause me to quit. (Or, is that what you're trying to make us do? :D
That would be like me trying to get people to stop metal detecting!
There is enogh out there for everyone to get their share, so no I don't want you to quit.
But my first 2 boxes this week produced my best and oldest coin so far a 1904 ) barber half.
Best Regards, Ray

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Sorry to hear that you got the big ol' skunk, but I remember Pepe quite clearly. lol

Keep hunting and good luck. Btw, I saw that Barber halve, that was unbelievable!

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hard to believe there wasn't one keeper in 17,000 halves. I'd be pretty frustrated. Maybe time to change banks, or move to Louisiana? ;D

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
packerbacker said:

Dang I felt bad about going through $120 worth and not getting anything befor 1971.

Burt

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Hang in there Ray, I sense a "silver" lining in your immediate future.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Great attitude!
A barber will certainly keep anyones hopes up!

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
Ray, we should really talk about our locations a bit. I got a box yesterday, 2,000 halfs and found 5 silver. I've been noticing a bit of a decline too. I usually search about 10,000.00 worth in halves every week so we may be hurting eachother!

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
kevo said:
Ray, we should really talk about our locations a bit. I got a box yesterday, 2,000 halfs and found 5 silver. I've been noticing a bit of a decline too. I usually search about 10,000.00 worth in halves every week so we may be hurting eachother!
Man it seems like Kentucky is THEE place to hunt for halves,even though you guys don't seem to report as much silver found as Louisiana and Texas,you defininately are able to search a larger quantity than anywhere else I have heard of!

Ray is doing 10 boxes/week and you are doing 20 boxes/week and I can't even get a single box ordered without paying high fees because "it cost's the bank and they have to pass it on to the customer"(ME!)

You guys are very lucky and I am envious :o

P.S. Kevo,how do you get rid of 20 boxes a week ???I can't imagine even having the time to search that many boxes/week-let alone finding places to get rid of them!WOW!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SF...you really do have a good attitude about this.....I feel for you....that is alot of boxes....many people would give up but you keep plugging.....KUDOS to you....I hope your next box is LOADED!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread