Ender Surprise

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, as I was going through a box of halves I found an interesting ender. It was a coin I had marked with my zip code about a month ago. I don't usually mark coins but a while back I decided to mark about six. Can I deduce from this that my dump bank and pickup bank have the same coin service? What other helpful information can I garner from this experience? :cat:

Upvote 0

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Not necessarily. Maybe someone else picked up your dump (from whatever coin services does your dump bank) and re-dumped them at your pickup. That was confusing.

But it could also mean that yes, they use the same one. It probably depends on the size of your area, where maybe there's just one money room that services all the banks in the area.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I deduce from this that my dump bank and pickup bank have the same coin service? What other helpful information can I garner from this experience? :cat:
It is almost impossible to deduce anything consistent in this hobby.
One example: The last few months I have been going out of my way (driving well over a hundred miles a week) do dump most all of my dumps into Loomis. Then today I go to pick-up my Brinks boxes from 3 banks, and (Brinks pulled the same **** around last Christmas) Brinks say's they are out of half's, So I pick up the halves the Brinks did deliver, all Loomis flat boxes, String & Son wrapped. So, I guess, once again, after spending all that extra time, money and gas, I just dumped on myself. What can you do?
Wish I could be more helpful usandthem, but there are so many variables, no one knows

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a lot of time figuring out banks and couriers. It did me no good other than cure my curiosity. I easily did better with boxes that included my (recent) dumps than other boxes. Looking back, I probably hurt myself by trying so hard to avoid my own dumps.

The reality is that most of the halves you buy have been searched/dumped by CRHers. We're simply passing them back and forth waiting for people to go dump collectible/valuable halves.

Here's a thought... CRHers look for easy and cheap. We look for places that don't cause a scene or bring attention. We look for self serve machines. Where do you think most non-CRHers would want to dump their coins? Where would a thief dump coins? Where would out-of-town family who are settling an estate dump their coins? They may not be a member of a local bank. Think about who isn't getting an opportunity to look through coins when they're deposited in a machine by the customer. It eliminates some of the AG hunting tellers and CWR hunters. Just keep in mind that avoiding those places you dump might not be the best idea.

OO

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Today, as I was going through a box of halves I found an interesting ender. It was a coin I had marked with my zip code about a month ago. I don't usually mark coins but a while back I decided to mark about six. Can I deduce from this that my dump bank and pickup bank have the same coin service? What other helpful information can I garner from this experience? :cat:
dont try to deduce anything from it.(what is that ebonics or something)just dont buy and dump at the same bank.dem dere tellers can really get pissy wit ya fast if ya know what i mean.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mark some coins. I can get them back in as little as three weeks, even if I dump them on one carrier and find them in another, eventually you will be going through the same clad multiple times, what changes the situation is the recently added silver that might be sprinkled in amongst the clad that is already searched hundreds of times over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions