silver

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that what you want? Stay down for a long time so I can find more or buy cheaper.....oh, that is what I'm talking about. All these hunters who have over head to cover will stop going out and that means more for me to find.

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it hits -5, that way people will have to pay me to take their silver!! :)

Isn't that what you want? Stay down for a long time so I can find more or buy cheaper.....oh, that is what I'm talking about. All these hunters who have over head to cover will stop going out and that means more for me to find.

OP
OP
D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
More to find but worth less.. what's the difference? Have you noticed an increase in finds?

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth less now? Yes. Worth more later? Hopefully. This game is about long term goals and hopefully, you and I as well as all the other collectors will someday be able to realize those goals. It might take 5 years, 10 years or 20 years. Who knows. But when silver does rebound, those who have hoarded during slow times can reap the rewards later.

More to find but worth less.. what's the difference? Have you noticed an increase in finds?

Squatch2401

Sep 11, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth less now? Yes. Worth more later? Hopefully. This game is about long term goals and hopefully, you and I as well as all the other collectors will someday be able to realize those goals. It might take 5 years, 10 years or 20 years. Who knows. But when silver does rebound, those who have hoarded during slow times can reap the rewards later.

My plan is to buy and wait, I am young enough that I can sit on the silver for 40+ years and still have enough time to enjoy the benefits (that is if there is any benefits to be had at that time) and if it is still down when I die, then my kids can hold onto it :)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My plan is to buy and wait, I am young enough that I can sit on the silver for 40+ years and still have enough time to enjoy the benefits (that is if there is any benefits to be had at that time) and if it is still down when I die, then my kids can hold onto it :)

You sound like a pretty smart fella if you ask me.

GOD Bless

Chris

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You will not regret buying silver coins today (at your relatively young age), holding them, and selling them (or passing them along to your next generation) in 40 years. I guarantee it despite the fact I will not be around by then to backup my guarantee. My kids will get all my silver and it makes me happy to know this will happen. What my kids do with it will be their decision, but I'll ensure they know better than to take it to a bank and get only face value :laughing7:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to admit after silvers ascend of a few years ago I didn't think we'd be seeing these low prices again anytime soon. But its virtually impossible to make any real sense of whats going on in the economy today because its all so completely illogical - other than the motives of the government, the Fed and crony capitalists on Wall Street.

But I still think its just a matter of time before people will be saying - silver above ... an ounce. Will it ever stop going up?? And when everyone is finally buying (or at least enough people to create an irrational bubble) and the general consensus is that silver prices will never stop going up then it will finally be time to sell - but that time is a long long time away. Right now there is a complete irrational worldwide bubble in fiat currency. How long that will continue to last only time will tell.

H$H!

Chris819

Mar 9, 2013
MD
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 25 years old and none of my friends like silver or copper pennies. I try and buy/find as much as I can and save for the long run and still might not sell if goes high as I just like the history of the coin as much as its metal. It makes me angry to think of all the nice coins they have melted over the years.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other

haha i know what you mean. im 16 so im just sittin' here happy

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to disagree for hoping it drops lower & lower. I'm going on 68 this month, so I don't have much more time "for the long haul". My long-haul is here today, now, not in 25 years. I've been saving coins for a very long time, thus my time is coming to start selling down some of it to supplement my soc security income & small factory pension. I don't want to buy at premium prices, but enjoy it more to find it in the WILD as a hobby. I would like to see it take off to the moon at $100/oz, then I think I'll be the first in line to sell everything I have.

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just hoping it will hit $30 again (which it was coming down from when I first started). But the longer it takes, the less $30 is worth. If you look at silver over time, there aren't a lot of "high" prices. Adjusted for inflation (in 2012 dollars), you can see that there have really only been a couple big peaks over the last several decades. Who knows how long it will be before the next one.
Macrotrends.org_Gold_and_Silver_Prices_100_Year_Historical_Chart.png

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a chart of the USD over the past 100 years that someone posted here recently. This should help keep things in proper perspective when comparing silver prices and the purchasing power of the USD over the past century. Clearly silver has had a much better store of value in comparison. And that's how silver should really be thought of - as a safe store of value - not like investing in a growth stock.

But I think the rise in PM prices in the future is likely to be greater than the return on most US growth stocks and some of the PM stocks now are at unbelievably low prices and are some of the best investments in the world right now. Although PM stocks are obviously a very volatile sector, I think the future volatility in that sector is going to be up - way way up - and many of those stocks will be out performing PM prices themselves. Time will tell - and economic conditions in this country are going to get quite interesting in the near future.

Attachments

• 100 year USD demise.jpg
    100 year USD demise.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 120
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Let it keep going down:laughing7:I bought all mine when it was $4.20 an ounce.Let it drop,i'll just buy some more.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a chart of the USD over the past 100 years that someone posted here recently. This should help keep things in proper perspective when comparing silver prices and the purchasing power of the USD over the past century. Clearly silver has had a much better store of value in comparison. And that's how silver should really be thought of - as a safe store of value - not like investing in a growth stock.

But I think the rise in PM prices in the future is likely to be greater than the return on most US growth stocks and some of the PM stocks now are at unbelievably low prices and are some of the best investments in the world right now. Although PM stocks are obviously a very volatile sector, I think the future volatility in that sector is going to be up - way way up - and many of those stocks will be out performing PM prices themselves. Time will tell - and economic conditions in this country are going to get quite interesting in the near future.
Great chart, but it's inaccurate in a major way. The chart lets you know that, for instance, a loaf of bread that cost 10 cents in 1933 now costs $1.83. But we have to work longer to buy that bread now because in 1933 there were no federal, state, local, social security or sales taxes on an individual level in most cases. If the chart was in NET purchasing power, it would be a lot more accurate.

I had to write out "cents" because the original symbol has been omitted from the qwerty keyboard!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread