Walker in MS?

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I had another good night last night finishing up the week's boxes. I came across this AMAZING Walking Liberty. What do you think, would it grade in MS? I also came across this other Walker which looks to be plated in some kind of magnetic metal. Very unusual, I'm not sure what the purpose of doing that would be.

IMAG0271_1.jpg IMAG0270_1.jpg

Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Sweet 44! It's got to be at least AU. IDK on the 37 but it is a walker! HH ALL

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that '44 is a real beauty! Obviously came out of someone's collection fairly recently because it shows very little sign of circulation from what I can see. And I wonder if that plated '37 might have come out of a piece of jewelry or something because the rims on that one are a little scratched. Or maybe the rim scratches just occurred from the plating process Idk - just a guess. Sure are a couple of more great finds though!

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
It's in amazing condition, I'll probably never find another one like it! No doubt from someone's collection that I've been sorting through all week. It seems like the rim scratching on the '37 is some of the plating maybe wearing off, but it seems like there is a pretty thick coat of whatever it is. It could very well have been jewelry of some kind. I really have no idea how it would end up that way or why some of it is gold colored.

Edit: Looks like you were right, SilverFace. It appears to have been part of some necklace http://www.amazon.com/Selectively-Gold-Layered-Walking-Liberty-Pendant/dp/B00ERESPGG

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44 is nice !

it's a Shame someone destroyed the other
of course should still be worth Melt,
& appears it was well worn anyway.

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice boxes, mine have been terrible this week. The 44 is indeed awesome, it is most likely AU.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions