First post and first nickel box

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is my first post on the forums but I have been looking at differnt threads lately and figured it was time to post my own. I've been doing a box of halves for the last 6 weeks and for the 3rd week in ago I've gotten skunked. The first box I got 2 90% the second I got a 40% and a walker and the third I just got a walker. Now I've hit a dry patch with halves which is frustrating so I've decided to up my order to 2 boxes a week but the next two weeks I'm getting 4 boxes each week in hopes of scoring something. Last week I decided to do 2 boxes of dimes and got some silver 2 Rosie's and 2 Canadian 80% and many more non silver candians. This week I decided to switch to nickles because I did not like the roller coaster I felt seeing Canadian dimes thinking it was silver. Anyways this week I found 5 silver war nickles. I'll post a picture once I figure it out

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First - congrats on an awesome nickel box and dime boxes
Second - congrats on the great half boxes
Third- if you think 3 skunk boxes is a dry spell and are frustrated... You're gonna have a hard time with this hobby
Fourth - if you're frustrated with Canadian dimes after two boxes... You're gonna have a hard time with this hobby
Fifth - coin roll hunting = roller coaster ride

I wish you luck silvercounselor, patience is king

HH

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First - congrats on an awesome nickel box and dime boxes
Second - congrats on the great half boxes
Third- if you think 3 skunk boxes is a dry spell and are frustrated... You're gonna have a hard time with this hobby
Fourth - if you're frustrated with Canadian dimes after two boxes... You're gonna have a hard time with this hobby
Fifth - coin roll hunting = roller coaster ride

I wish you luck silvercounselor, patience is king

HH

+1

Most of us average less (some WAY less) than 1 silver per box in all denominations.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a great first nickel box. Sounds like you're doing quite good so far and upping your half dollar volume is the best way to find out what kind of box average you can expect from your suppliers. But as has already been stated, try not to get too discouraged too soon. Its a quite unpredictable hit and miss hobby and for most of us skunk half boxes are the norn, but then if and when you get a really good half box that will help make up for all the skunks.

H$H!

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nickles 10.4.14 back.jpg nickles 10.4.14.jpg

These are the nickels I found yesterday night

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Welcome to the site and nice finds. Most people would consider what you've found a heater not a slow streak.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1062465 View attachment 1062466

These are the nickels I found yesterday night

Okay, I admit it might be a simple case of seeing what you want to see, but does that '44 warnic look like a Henning to anyone else? The obverse sure has that look about it, and though the reverse is quite worn, I'm not sure there is--or was--any sign of a mint mark above the dome. And if you really want to push it, could that be the remant of a looped "R" in "PLURIBUS"? It's worth checking out, imho. S'Counselor, maybe you could send us a close-up of the the reverse of that '44, then go online and google "Henning nickel" to get up to speed with what I hope this coin might be. In any case, ditto to what everyone above said, and congrats on all the warnics! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I admit it might be a simple case of seeing what you want to see, but does that '44 warnic look like a Henning to anyone else? The obverse sure has that look about it, and though the reverse is quite worn, I'm not sure there is--or was--any sign of a mint mark above the dome. And if you really want to push it, could that be the remant of a looped "R" in "PLURIBUS"? It's worth checking out, imho. S'Counselor, maybe you could send us a close-up of the the reverse of that '44, then go online and google "Henning nickel" to get up to speed with what I hope this coin might be. In any case, ditto to what everyone above said, and congrats on all the warnics! :icon_thumleft:

Heres a close up of the 44

close up of warnick.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread