bank refused to sell halves to me today

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
OK, I don't know what I am doing wrong here. I went to a small town about 20 miles away today to buy the rest of the halves from a bank that I previously bought 60 rolls from a week or so ago. I went in with my best smile and asked the teller if I could buy the rest of the halves she had in the vault (she had told me that she had a lot more the last time but I was limited to $600 in cash). She said sure, "hold on a minute" while she spoke with who I presumed to be the head teller. When she returned she told me that she couldn't sell them to me because she had to keep some for her "other customers." I just gave her a blank stare and she told me to hold on again. She came back with four rolls and I bought those and left. I passed the VP of the bank on the way out and I started to raise a protest but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. I hit the other two banks in the small town and they didn't have much. When I got back to my home town I went by another bank that I hadn't tried lately. Teller told me that they had a lot how much did I want. I told her up to $1000. She came back with around 70 rolls which to my surprise all had big "x"s written on them. I started not to take them as I just dumped a huge load at another bank in the same town and had put all the "x"s on them. Anyway I took them and did confirm that they were mine that I had already checked. 93 rolls, total skunk. Oh, well it's not like I can't get my money back.

Upvote 0

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
But you see you just didn't smile and kiss butt enough. You have to bring them in some lamb chops, and a 56 layer torte. Then... and only then.. will they give you the halves you want.

My approach is I grab my crotch and tell them to stick it!..... and I still get halves from most banks. So whatever makes you happy.

Ohh hey... keithinvestigations... I'm just being sarcastic... don't do that.

I wonder if some banks get to many halfs and send someone over to another one to dump some off. Do you think that happens? Because I have no idea why someone would buy my searched halfs consistently and send them to my supply bank. ANd they are totally un-afffilliated.

OP
OP
keithinvestigations

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
bigtime400 said:
I wonder if some banks get to many halfs and send someone over to another one to dump some off. Do you think that happens? Because I have no idea why someone would buy my searched halfs consistently and send them to my supply bank. ANd they are totally un-afffilliated.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Either that or someone else bought them all at once and then dumped them.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer KI - So far two banks that were loaded with rolls sold me everything until they got down to about $300 worth and then told me they had to keep some in the vault. All other banks have sold me everything they had and glad to get rid of them because they didn't have to count them anymore.

As someone suggested to me a while back.....send your wife...brother...sister to buy rolls for you.....just a thought.

Keep plugging buddy & good luck.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
One time a bank only had 10 rolls and they told me they could only sell me 3, they had to have some for other customers. So I walked out to my truck, grabbed 7 rolls I searched, and brought them in and asked if I could trade them. The teller seemed satisfied, and said no problem and switched them out.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
The X's on the wrappers always get me down since they are usually dumps but....
last week I pcked up $1,200 and they were all marked and had a minimum of 2 account #'s written on them and were in generally poor shape.
I still found a pile of keepers.
I think that some people do as I do and recycle the wrappers.
So-
search them all anyways - just in case...

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
I had something similar happen and they said they needed some for the other customers so I got smart and said "well, if they wanted them, I would assume that they would be in here buying them". lol...didn't work, but their other branch still sells them to me not knowing about my run in with the first branch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread