Some Tellers SUCK

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
I went to a First Federal Savings Bank today and asked if they had any halves, the lady said "a few" and started going through all of hers and said "3 bucks". So I asked, can I buy the rest in your drawer, and she said "no, they are silver so I am keeping those, but you can buy these". She was really rude about it. But thats fine and dandy with me, because little does she know they just became my new dump bank, lol. I'm gonna take 3,000 halves in to them tomorrow-let her go through those. ;D

Upvote 0

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
I've experienced this scenario before a few times only on a larger "silver" scale and looking back on it I wish I would have brought it to the attention of the manager or president(whoever is the highest available authority) like many on this site had told me to do.

I had NOTHING to lose but a LOT to gain,I just didn't have the nerve at the time and now that I feel I have the courage it is too late,the coins are long gone and I regret not doing anything about it at the time.

Now whenever I find halves with the tellers they seem to be friendly but no silver :'(.Plenty of '71-present though.

I have no problem with tellers pulling silver from loose change they receive,(I would do it myself if I worked at a bank),but when they have it visible to the customer and when asked for it the they get rude and say it's theirs,well that is too much and the should have to sell it to the customer as that is their job-to handle coin/currency-not to search coins and taunt people by leaving it in plain view and being rude when asked about it.

For all of us and for YOURSELF go back and see if they are still there(probably are) and ask for them again as if it is the first time and when you get a rude response,bring up the tone of your own voice(not yelling) but assertive and you will get the manager over there and you may get the silver,at the very least you can see her get a tongue lashing from the manager for causing upset in the bank and making people unhappy.

That alone would be worth it to me even if she got to keep the coins. :PGood luck.

OP
OP
kevo

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
haha....it may just work, I'll have to let ya know, because to be quite honest, if I get one more rude or childish response from another teller I'm liable to jump across and tackle them..lol...j/k

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
2nd that mean people suck >:(. Speak to the manager or better yet write a letter that should get some attention. Karma will come back to bite her in the butt just a question of when not if amigo............

HH.....

Acevillav

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to agree too. I stopped in to get some rolls and deposit some money at the main branch of my bank and there was a young teller that helped me...and boy did she have a problem! When she was depositing my money, apparently something went wrong and she freaked out and started cussing at her computer. At this point, I almost didn't ask for the rolls because I knew she would have a problem with it, but I did anyway. I asked for 2 rolls of quarters and 4 rolls of dimes, mainly to try to fill up my Whitman folders. I also asked for a 20 rolls of nickels and a petty 10 rolls of pennies. She looked at my like I was speaking a different language and reluctantly took the box I use to carry my rolls back to the vault. I was standing there for 15, yes FIFTEEN minutes as she got the rolls I wanted. When she came back, I handed her my money and she didn't even look at me. She gave me change and my rolls and slid them across the counter at me and said "There you go." and that was it. I didn't even get a thank you or have a nice day! It amazes me how people like that are still employed....oh well, I just found my dump bank.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willypurdue said:
I was standing there for 15, yes FIFTEEN minutes as she got the rolls I wanted. When she came back, I handed her my money and she didn't even look at me. She gave me change and my rolls and slid them across the counter at me and said "There you go." and that was it. I didn't even get a thank you or have a nice day! It amazes me how people like that are still employed....oh well, I just found my dump bank.

That sounds like time to talk to the bank manager. She probably took her break or ???????? If this happened this week, tell the manager you wanted to calm down first and not cause a BIG commotion in front of other customers. He/she will appreciate that.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they have them in their tray, they should be available. If I were a teller I would buy them at the beginning of the day and get them out of sight....plain and simple.

I once went to a bank...asked the teller for rolls of half dollars and noticed 2-3 silver in her tray. When I asked her about those, she mentioned she was keeping them for herself just as the manager was walking by....the manger overheard this and gave me a very sweet deal. She had well over 100 rolls in the vault...more than I had the cash for....this bank had it own rolling machine....so the manager let me buy however many rolls I had cash for....bring them back loose....she put them in her machine to count the loose and gave me the same amount of rolls from the vault....this was repeated three times until I was able to check every roll in the vault. I would just take the rolls to my car in the parking lot....open...pull the keepers and the loose clad went into a canvas bag....brought the bag in and started all over. I could tell the teller was just furious, but I think the manager was sending her a message......

Bottom line is....tellers, if you are going to keep them....get them out of your tray!!!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
If they have them in their tray, they should be available. ............ Bottom line is....tellers, if you are going to keep them....get them out of your tray!!!

So true, just yesterday after work I was on my way to a meeting and saw a bank I had never been to before. I went up to the merchant teller and asked my usual. She had more in the vault than I had money for ;D While she was getting the rolls I glanced at her tray and noticed white stripes in the quarter row. After I paid for the halves I asked her if I could buy the "white" coins (never say silver) in her quarters. No problem, I got 2 silver quarters for 50 cents. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread