First ever finds!!!! :)

Chris8990

Oct 26, 2014
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm brand new to the treasure hunting scene and so far I am loving it :). May 25th of this year I was in a bad accident that crushed all the bones in my left foot and ankle, and almost took the bottom half of my foot off. So my mobility isn't exactly what it once was. Being 24 years old and being used to running around and working all the time, I was basically starting to lose my mind lol. So I decided I needed a hobby that I would be able to do without walking. After stumbling around the old interweb for awhile I came across this site, and reading through various posts I discovered something called Coin Roll Hunting!!!! You have no idea how excited I got at the thought of a new activity that I could actually do! I honestly didn't even care if I found anything lol, it was just exciting that there was something to do lol. Well tonight we had to stop by the local grocery store and I decided I would see if they would trade me some rolls for bills. I only got a single roll of quarters and a single roll of dimes, and to my surprise the young lady at the register told me that she had eight dollars in half dollars so I got those as well lol. I got home and decided to tear right into them. I told myself not to lose heart if I didn't find anything, due to how many times I've read on here that it can take searching many many rolls just to find one silver coin. I think that someone up above must have been looking down on me with a smile!!! I decided I would go from smaller to larger denomination, and opened the dimes right away. There was a 1942 Mercury and a 1947 Canadian dime!!!!!!!!! So feeling like I had just hit the lottery lol I moved to the quarters and found a 1966 Canadian!!! I was amazed and so excited that my fiancé said I looked like a little kid who woke up on Christmas morning lol. I did a quick look through on the halves and found a 1968 Kennedy! All in all it was an amazing night that I will probably remember forever!!!!!! I'm still smiling about it :). image (1).jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's awesome! Welcome to treasurenet, I look forward to reading your future posts :)

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome way to start your CR H career! Don't forget about nickels, though, you can find all kinds of fun things. In any case, it seems you have the perfect perspective for coin roll hunting, and I'm sure you will do very well in the long run. You have already discovered that half of the fun is in the hunt itself, so it really is a no lose proposition. Hope your foot continues to improve along with your mobility, but now that you've tried it, you will be coin roll hunting regardless so keep those posts coming. Welcome to Treasurenet and HH!

Patrick Star

Nov 9, 2013
Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an inspirational story, sorry about your leg and welcome to tnet hope you will find lots of silver out there.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I dont kniw ive heard of a newbie finding a qtr in such a low amount
Congrats and welcome hope it continues to pour ag into your life

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great start.........good luck going forward!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
It can be a lot of fun. Good luck
Hope to see lots of great post from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions