Missing bag dump update

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after my bag of 1000$ in halves decided to get up and walk out of the vault the bank gave me a credit. That credit was then takin away from me while the investigation was underway . They assured me the bank would take the loss either way. I just this morning got my 1000$ back. They were unable to find my bag. Luckily I had all the proper paper work and receipts . They are reviewing cameras at the coin supplier. Feel bad for who ever took it there's cameras everywhere. Anyway make sure you are getting receipts and on the receipts you are having the teller put a "said to contain" amount. HH

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odds are just a number was transposed somewhere and the bag wasn't stolen. Regardless, I'm glad you weren't stuck holding the bag so to speak.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dump bank told me they lost 2 other customers bags, and warned me not to dump with them anymore...

OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dump bank told me they lost 2 other customers bags, and warned me not to dump with them anymore...

I already dumped 2 1 k bags at a branch about 25 miles away. They use a different coin carrier than the one that lost my bag. From what tellers at other banks have told me is this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. Hopefully these go threw with out a hitch because I hate driving around dumping small amount at various banks. Bag dump is so simple for everyone.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after my bag of 1000$ in halves decided to get up and walk out of the vault the bank gave me a credit. That credit was then takin away from me while the investigation was underway . They assured me the bank would take the loss either way. I just this morning got my 1000$ back. They were unable to find my bag. Luckily I had all the proper paper work and receipts . They are reviewing cameras at the coin supplier. Feel bad for who ever took it there's cameras everywhere. Anyway make sure you are getting receipts and on the receipts you are having the teller put a "said to contain" amount. HH

Something with a few similarities happened to me a few months ago, but my bags of coin were not lost, other than lost in the shuffle. I know the coin vault manager at a credit union, so I set up a deposit of $6K in bags. He took them, went on vacation for 2 weeks the next day, but forgot to credit my account before he left. The cu auditor who would have caught the error was also out, so the mistake wasn't caught and corrected until he came back from his vacation. No harm, no foul. I didn't need the money at the time anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread