105.4 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell the wheats and buy yourself 3 Mercs. More potential.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
years ago when I managed a carwash/gas station I collected the silver and sold it. Wish now i had kept it

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I sell I get $3 for $1. If I wait for the Gov to discontinue the lincolns probably in yrs will be worth more. Any comments?

I don't believe there is a "right" answer here. I can't see the future price of common date wheaties changing much over time regardless of what the government does or does not do with the 1 cent coin. My advice would just be do keep them if you like accumulating wheaties, or trade them for $3 worth of something else if you don't.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I sell I get $3 for $1. If I wait for the Gov to discontinue the lincolns probably in yrs will be worth more. Any comments?

years ago when I managed a carwash/gas station I collected the silver and sold it. Wish now i had kept it

It could have went the other way too! lol That's my luck. Some stuff I saved went up, some stuff became worthless...oh say...sports cards!:laughing7:

I keep asking the magic 8 ball! I think mine is broken though!

Sell the wheats and buy yourself 3 Mercs. More potential.

Follow all advice concurrently and DIVERSIFY.
Keep some, Convert some to Silver holdings, Sell some for cash

CRH

Nov 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I would accumulate more common dates and than sell them as a lot and invest it into scarcer date coins. I think it would be easier to sell with more. Just my opinion.
-CRH

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner and I just sold some on Craigs list. We sold 2 lots of $10 of wheats for $40 each. They were all common wheats 40's and 50's "d" and "plain" There were not "s" or teens, 20's or 30's. Our add did not say "unsearched", but we did make it sound like we did not know much about coins.

I would start at $40 you can always negotiate the price down but not up.
We sold them because they were taking up space and they were all common ones. We plan on selling our double early teens and "s" later on. We have our keeper wheats in two books, one for Tanner and one for me. Good Luck

This is what our Craigs list said:
I have 20 rolls of wheat pennies for sale. There were giving to me by my uncle about 10 years ago. I really do not have a use for them. I have looked on line and in bulk they seem to sell for about 3 or 4 cents each. So for $40 they can all be yours.

They would probably be good for a beginning collector. when I was a kid, I used to have a book with holes in them to put them in. I am sure they still sell them somewhere.

Please do not call after 9 pm. I do not text. I live near Troy.
We can meet in a public place to complete the transaction.
Call Gordon 555-555-5555

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread