Super Skunk streak

StoneFree

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All 12 of boxes this week were skunks, so my last 28 boxes produced only 4 40%'s major fail. Somehow coins I've already been through are coming back even though they are supposed to be at Brinks. I believe my dump bank has switched back to loomis. It seems as though I'll have to figure something else out, I cant keep this up. I've tried everything I can to make this somewhat worth it but after 3-4 months and over $60,000 worth I halves I have little to show for it. It seems like I'm working against somebody else who is alot smarter than me. Maybe my dump bank has been lying to me saying that they use Brinks.

Upvote 0

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to either take a break or change where you pickup to try and access a different coin vault.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All that you are attempting is NOT necessarily true. I know for a fact that some of the coin processor carriers (Brinks, Garda,etc ) work hand-in-hand with each other. For example if Brinks has orders for next weeks delivery of $30,000 of dimes, and all they can come up with is $24,000, then they will call Garda to see if they can buy the remaining $6,000 to fill the orders; or it works both ways. Although your bank say they have Garda, Garda might get some of the coins elsewhere. I would not change habits as for now, just be patient.

OP
OP
S

StoneFree

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies I believe what Dozer said might be the case here. I thought I would be forcing Loomis to pull from another vault since I was dumping at Brinks, but if Loomis is calling Brinks because they are short on supply then that could be why I'm having this problem. Any ideas on how to force a bank to get halves from another location or the Fed bank?

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here Brinks has run out of halves a dozen times in the last year. When they do, they supply my pick up banks with Loomis boxes. or Loomis rolls in Brinks boxes.
I "Try" to pick up Brinks and dump into Loomis but it doesn't always work out that way.

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Trying to figure out exactly if our dumps stay in one coin carrier can drive someone nuts. With my experience I've never dumped into my supply ever in five years but have got coins back that i know ive seen before. Sometimes even the following week. Which leads me to believe that they all share coins. I also had one of the lead tellers talk to a driver from loomis and ask them why they bring brinks coins and his answer was exactly what we all think, that they call other coin carriers if they don't have the coins. I've ordered 10+ dime boxes a week from loomis supplied banks, different areas and got solid 2014 brinks boxes at each bank. What's funny is loomis hardly ever brings loomis boxes around here anymore. Brinks recently started only shipping halves in bags now, atleast that's what they are telling my supply banks. Makes it difficult because i only have two banks that will take loose coins and give instant cash credit. One of the last bags was short $8.50. Higher likelihood of bags being shorted too versus boxes. I find silver every 10th bag or so. If the bag is marked from another bank to brinks i know its a dump they just picked up. Usually if one pickup bank is a complete skunk for the week the others are also skunks.

OP
OP
S

StoneFree

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great piece of info agme and dreambox, I think my new plan should be to make a trip to about 10 plus banks ask if they have any halves, and if they don't dump about $750 worth at each one. I don't think they can turn them in until they have 2 boxes worth. At least that way it will have to sit there until they have 2 full boxes worth. Then Loomis will have to pull from somewhere else right?

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Yeah, most banks around here ship out 1,000 at a time. So dumping 750 or even 1250 is a good strategy. I've revisited dump banks months later and they claim to still have the halves i brought in last time. I really think that when the suppliers dig into what they have sitting then that's when the silver really shows up. You have to break past everyone elses dumps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread