doesnt matter where I pick up or dump

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
doesn't matter where I pick up or dump

Started buying halves by the box 4 months ago and I was getting great boxes from one source. Last month the silver pretty much dried up so last week I ordered some boxes from a different bank that I know uses a different carrier.
Bank A uses Brinks
Bank B uses Garda
Yesterday I picked up 2 boxes from each. All 4 boxes are the same and the halves wrapped in the same wrapper. Also, the rolls in all 4 boxes had one end not crimped all the way and semi open. I'm thinking from the same machine that was not working right. I also found some of the same mark on coins in all the boxes.
I have accounts at 4 banks and 1 CU. I guess it doesn't matter who I pick up from and where I dump at.

Upvote 0

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Started buying halves by the box 4 months ago and I was getting great boxes from one source. Last month the silver pretty much dried up so last week I ordered some boxes from a different bank that I know uses a different carrier.
Bank A uses Brinks
Bank B uses Garda
Yesterday I picked up 2 boxes from each. All 4 boxes are the same and the halves wrapped in the same wrapper. Also, the rolls in all 4 boxes had one end not crimped all the way and semi open. I'm thinking from the same machine that was not working right. I also found some of the same mark on coins in all the boxes.
I have accounts at 4 banks and 1 CU. I guess it doesn't matter who I pick up from and where I dump at.

I don't know where you are from, but down here in San Diego, all the carriers use the same processing facility, run and managed by Brinks. To get to the next processes we have to go north to LA.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
I don't know where you are from, but down here in San Diego, all the carriers use the same processing facility, run and managed by Brinks. To get to the next processes we have to go north to LA.

Im just north of San Francisco. It is probably the same here. All the little towns north of SF must share the same processing facility with a different facility in SF.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Sounds like you got somebody's re-packed dumps.

It was not a repack. Just the corner was not crimped. The rest of it was still rolled and sealed. Not sure if that is the right terminology. Plus the box was sealed. I cut the tape to to open it.

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a bummer not having the variety of source. Ride it out; the dry spell will work it's way thru. If others are picking up at your bank, it might speed the push toward better boxes. Venture out, that might help. Keep us posted.

By the way, keen investigative work.8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread