check out this pickup

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
164 wheats and an Indian in ten boxes is way better than my average lately. Are you searching for varieties, misstrikes, errors, etc.? I can't imagine you are with how fast you went through those 10 boxes.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
164 wheats and an Indian in ten boxes is way better than my average lately. Are you searching for varieties, misstrikes, errors, etc.? I can't imagine you are with how fast you went through those 10 boxes.

No just wheats or Indians.
I'd love to start looking fir errors or mistrikes, but I tried it before and honestly didn't know what to look for. I no the close and open AM and such but the differences are so sudtle I doubted I'd ever get one or even know if I got one

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's tough sledding and hard on the eyes and neck, but searching for errors/varieties/misstrikes adds a level of excitement to every coin you look at.
For varieties, I picked up a 2013 Red Book at my LCS for just five bucks since the 2015 Red Book came out. It helps having that handy. If you have an iPad or a laptop next to you while you hunt, I also like to pull up the Top 50 list on the Lincoln Cent Resource website to refresh my memory on what I should be looking for. It took me months to remember the smallest details, and I have a lot more to learn, but eventually you'll get those intricacies down and they become second nature to you.
For errors/misstrikes, it's dumb luck. You just have to be patient enough to actually look at each coin. So far, I've trained myself to be patient enough to give a once-over to the obverse. I'm still working on convincing myself to look at each reverse.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check these out for the WIDE AM IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0859.JPG IMG_1074.JPG IMG_1073.JPG still looking for the '99
No just wheats or Indians.
I'd love to start looking fir errors or mistrikes, but I tried it before and honestly didn't know what to look for. I no the close and open AM and such but the differences are so sudtle I doubted I'd ever get one or even know if I got one

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pm me your email address and I will send you my list also check the linconl cent resource site

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread