OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Picked up 2 more boxes today. As you can see this is the bottom row of rolls and all the rolls are with black stripes & wording except one in brown. This is the first time I have seen anything other than the black stripes. Is this odd to have a box like this with just one "odd man out".

Forgot to add the pic

View attachment 1090531

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Forgot to add the pic

Pic is not wanting to load. Am trying again.

ForumRunner_20141211_105850.png

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mixes before, recently the courier switched from yellow to brown boxes, and with dimes, I get two different types of boxes seemingly randomly from the same provider with the same wrappers inside.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens. Around here it is not uncommon to get Loomis rolls in sealed Brinks boxes or a mix of Brinks and Loomis rolls in the same sealed Brinks box. A short while ago I found an unopened 2002 P mint roll in a sealed mixed box. Some of the rolls were very beat up and dirty, it looked like they had been kinking around loose in the back of a dirty vault for a number of years. Anything is possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the the responses. Good to know that there is probably no conspiracy thing going on on the part of the banks against me becouse of all the silver I found a few months ago. Lol

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got new design boxes and rolls today.

I just remembered that I got a run of a few boxes of halves when they ran out of half wrappers and used dollar wrappers instead. They didn't quite fit and it was a pain to get those out.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got new design boxes and rolls today.

I just remembered that I got a run of a few boxes of halves when they ran out of half wrappers and used dollar wrappers instead. They didn't quite fit and it was a pain to get those out.

Did they look something like this accordselux?
I didn't know what to make of them at first either.

Attachments

• attachment22.jpg
    attachment22.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 269
  • attachment23.jpg
    attachment23.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 263

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty similar, except the rolls had ink on them for denomination. They looked weird and weren't well crimped well, just like that.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
If you've done this hobby long enough, you'll get all sorts of varieties of wrappers. There's no science to it. If they run out of black/white wrappers for their machine, they'll use brown wrappers or whatever they have available to feed the machine. I've even gotten non-crimped rolls that people turned in the bank before in the boxes. Some people were too lazy at the facility to sort and re-wrap them.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty similar, except the rolls had ink on them for denomination. They looked weird and weren't well crimped well, just like that.
This batch had the ink ($1 coins) on the inside, they had turned the paper inside out I guess so they wouldn't say $1 coins on 50 cent coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread