Any CRH in the New york City Area?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NYC is America's most populated city, I am sure there are more CRH'ers there than in the entire state of Montana.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol i can just imagine a guy on the subway with 2 boxes of halves... Cant see that ending well

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I use a backpack, and lug around 250$ worth of dimes, dumping at TD Banks, around the city. The beauty is here are a lot of them around. I started last week, went through 3 boxes so far, and found one silver dime. I am planning to open a account at a bank that will order me halves. just trying to see if is worth the effort, might start asking tellers at TD banks.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TD banks cannot and will not order halves.
But they can be good dump banks, but it sounds like you already know that.
HH

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I use a backpack, and lug around 250$ worth of dimes, dumping at TD Banks, around the city. The beauty is here are a lot of them around. I started last week, went through 3 boxes so far, and found one silver dime. I am planning to open a account at a bank that will order me halves. just trying to see if is worth the effort, might start asking tellers at TD banks.

It depends on what you mean by "worth the effort" You aren't going to get rich doing this. It's a hobby.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know i am not going to get rich searching, but finding just one or two coins sure makes me feel like a richer man.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you get lucky, but there will be a lot of skunks along the way.

statch

Jan 4, 2013
FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive learned that typically the more population an area has, the worse it is for CRH. It can be argued that with a larger population comes more people dumping AG into the system, which is most likely true, but you will have to do a lot more volume to make up the difference. I find my averages really drop with the chance of a large score close to none in large populated areas. Strictly due to competition I believe.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
found 2 silver Rosie today one in a box, and 1 in a roll from a total of 20 rolls. The teller didnt want to give me a box, because I just showed up asking, but offered 100$ in rolls. I took 100$ of .25 rolls as well, but it was a skunk. So far so good, i found 3 silver dimes, and 1 silver quarter from the reject slot at a TD bank when making a dump, and I started CRH last week.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which bank do you guys order halves from?

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I order from local/regional banks. I've never had a lot of luck with the "National" banks, i.e. BOA, Key etc... They would order for a week or two after I opened an account, then they cut it off. But I'm sure it varies everywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread