Where are the wheats?

Unknown1

Dec 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. So, I was just curious what your success has been with wheat cents lately. I am currently in, what feels like, a mega-drought. My last 82 rolls have produced 6 wheats! It doesn't help that the last box I ordered was filled with new 2014 rolls :BangHead:

According to my log, my percent is down to 0.23% and one wheat per 444 cents. Here's to hoping things pick up soon. Is anyone else slowing up?

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It varies based on many factors. Some of my boxes are as low as 6-wheaties/box, to sometimes 15-20/box. I prefer to get bags straight off the coin counting machines, better chance to get a "collection" mother load.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never actually tried to figure it out, but I bet I am averaging around 7-8 per box.
On a side note my last box produced a 1942 King George VI canadian cent and a 1953 First year of the Elizabeth II cents.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting 15-20 per box. Just had a 71 wheat box too.

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the "gluten free" craze strikes coins, I quit! Seriously, I'm finding fewer wheat cents as well. Now I'm happy to get 8-10 per box. However, my last box produced a 1909 plain (no vdb, darn-it) that still had some red luster on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

Unknown1

Dec 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, so it sounds like I'm a little down, but not too far off of some of you guys. Just have to push through slow times I suppose. On a side note, the wife found a 1929 D yesterday and, while we were dumping a bunch of coin at my credit union this morning she reached in a pulled out a nice 1936 from the reject chute of the coin counter. So that was a nice surprise.

I'm getting 15-20 per box. Just had a 71 wheat box too.

Nice! Hopefully, I can get a good score like that comping up here. My company closes from Christmas to New Years so I ordered a ton of coin for the week that I'm off. I think I got 6 boxes of cents, 4 boxes of nickels, and some dimes. I can't wait.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, so it sounds like I'm a little down, but not too far off of some of you guys. Just have to push through slow times I suppose. On a side note, the wife found a 1929 D yesterday and, while we were dumping a bunch of coin at my credit union this morning she reached in a pulled out a nice 1936 from the reject chute of the coin counter. So that was a nice surprise.

Nice! Hopefully, I can get a good score like that comping up here. My company closes from Christmas to New Years so I ordered a ton of coin for the week that I'm off. I think I got 6 boxes of cents, 4 boxes of nickels, and some dimes. I can't wait.

Did a box today and got 5 + 1 KGVI. This was a really slow box!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread